Skip to content

Nwn comes out of beta March 27?

1235»

Comments

• MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    Andarian said:

@Mothor Yeah, the modding community was great.

Well thanks for that vote of confidence in the current modding community.
    I have to agree. And this sort of thing makes me wonder if I'm making a mistake in letting NWN:EE inspire me to take my unfinished project off the shelf and start working on it again.

This is what frustrates me about the apparent need to keep coming to these forums to point out that Beamdog doesn't need to build everything for EE to be a success. This is a game designed for modders. I'd love to see a new campaign from Beamdog, too. But if players aren't going to respect the new modding that EE is inspiring as well, then should we even bother?
    Either you are joking or I misunderstood your post. If anything Official modules do, it's inspiring deep interest in players made modules, make players hungry for more. You can play one campaign only so many times without modding, and the better that campaign - the better will be mods based on it (the more possibilities modders will get).

As a modder you really should hope for BG to create something very new and shiny that attracts more people who later (or even right away) will be searching for more.
  • AndarianAndarian Member Posts: 185
    Yes, you misunderstood my post.
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    Andarian said:

Yes, you misunderstood my post.

Sorry about that. I am in the "change/rename/hide" OC crowd and easily get carried away on the slightest "no need for new content" notion I see (or imagine to see) in the posts. :)

• FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    New modules with content that uses new features, as opposed to new modules that could have easily been made 15 years ago.

New modules with content that uses new features, as opposed to new modules that could have easily been made 15 years ago.

Yes, I think we all want to encourage that, from both Beamdog as well as the modding community. Updates and remakes of old mods (like the Aielund and Sanctum 1-2 EE editions) will be valuable too. And the Naysayers notwithstanding, old mods really do look and play better in EE.
    Mothor said:

Will Beamdog co-work some mods with the most talented modders or find ways to encourage them to make new content? Or are there any plans for some new official campaigns to back up the modding greatness?

And I know your mods Andarian and I think Sanctum was pretty good :)

If only Beamdog offered you and some other talented modders some nice cash and employ you to work for them on official/semi-official campaigns...

Thank you for the kind words! Somehow, I missed this in my earlier reading of the thread.

I’m curious as well to see Beamdog’s plans for new content as they firm up. I’d certainly be interested in considering the possibility of working on a premium module project if the opportunity arose. I’d thought it was still too soon to think about that — but then, I didn’t think they’d be ready to take the EE out of beta so soon, either.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666

As expected:
    Bad reviews about "what's so enhanced? The gog version is cheaper and works, blah and blubb" are rolling in.

Well, we told you...

those reviews are in the minority. the steam reviews are mostly positive last i checked. this isn't a chrono trigger situation where every single review is negative.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    “No wireless. Less space than a Nomad. Lame.”

FWIW, the memory of that slahdot post still makes me grin.
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    I think we'll see more community work when Beamdog handle bigger features like gui scripting, custom spellbooks, effect/itemproperty overhaul (custom dr e.g. materials, damage types, +/- max health, gfx & icon override), pre-cast spellhooking to apply metamagic e.g. quick/silent/still spell, pre-hit combat hooks to modify "vs target" attack bonus etc, unhardcode character progression e.g. feats & ability points, more customizable skills and modes, per player/creature effects e.g. selective invisibility, larger area size limits, properly customizable armor 2da, fog and draw distance per player control.