Skip to content

Was excited, but now am worried...

GarrusN7GarrusN7 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 155
I downloaded the 2.5 beta on Android, all sprites look stretched ish? And the green rings don't seen to fit properly, not just that but also the OG BG2 paper dolls now cause green square in inventory...I actually almost immediately reverted to pre 2.5 because I simply don't want to go near the patch lol.

Are sprites made differently in 2.5? It feels too weird. I like the UI and MP screen remake, but the change to sprites, if that is permanent, it is really bad, I honestly don't like the change at all TBH.

I also hope the OG paper dolls don't get a dropped compatibility, I love using them even to this day.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Sorry, what is "the OG paper dolls"?
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
  • GarrusN7GarrusN7 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 155

Sorry, what is "the OG paper dolls"?

The original paper dolls from BG2 not EE. The best paper dolls in all 4 games made in this engine.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    GarrusN7 said:

the OG BG2 paper dolls now cause green square in inventory..

I see now, it was mentioned by @lunar here as well - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/834736/#Comment_834736.

This change happened 2 years ago with the 2.0 patch.

GarrusN7 said:

the OG BG2 paper dolls now cause green square in inventory..

I see now, it was mentioned by @lunar here as well - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/834736/#Comment_834736.

This change happened 2 years ago with the 2.0 patch.
    What was changed? I'm not entirely clear on what you mean here.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited March 2018
    After the 2.0 patch, using old bg2 paperdoll files cause green glitchy graphics on the inventory screen. I don't know what was changed, so I don't know how to fix it, sorry. Old bg2 paperdolls were broken since the dawn of 2.0.

You can still get inventory icons for items and the like from bg2, the mod 'improved bams' from gibberlings3 work fine. And, there are a lot of mods for the gui on these forums, the new gui system is amazingly/shockingly/fantasticaly customisable with the patch 2.0 and up. You can custom tailor every button and placement and even use fancy fonts, too! Ofcourse this is in pc, but android should be easy to mod. I don't know how far it allows customisation, though.

As for in-game sprites changes, after the 2.0 patch, you can toggle some options from the graphics menu, like sprite outlines on/off and nearest neighbour scaling (pixelated) or linear (smooth) Is there something else new in the 2.5 patch that I am unaware of? Hmm.
    lunar said:

After the 2.0 patch, using old bg2 paperdoll files cause green glitchy graphics on the inventory screen. I don't know what was changed, so I don't know how to fix it, sorry. Old bg2 paperdolls were broken since the dawn of 2.0.

You can still get inventory icons for items and the like from bg2, the mod 'improved bams' from gibberlings3 work fine. And, there are a lot of mods for the gui on these forums, the new gui system is amazingly/shockingly/fantasticaly customisable with the patch 2.0 and up. You can custom tailor every button and placement and even use fancy fonts, too! Ofcourse this is in pc, but android should be easy to mod. I don't know how far it allows customisation, though.

As for in-game sprites changes, after the 2.0 patch, you can toggle some options from the graphics menu, like sprite outlines on/off and nearest neighbour scaling (pixelated) or linear (smooth) Is there something else new in the 2.5 patch that I am unaware of? Hmm.

Ah that's what he meant...any idea if devs plan to fix the compatibility with old paper dolls? I'm pretty sure many players are outraged.
    I've passed the feedback to the team.

I've passed the feedback to the team.

Thank you. Would be actually even better if the old paper dolls were part of the game as an alternative paper doll for those that want to use them. And have the devs actually make the new gear fit on the old paper dolls or something. OG needs some love.