Skip to content

Any way to remove Beamdog creative content?

I noticed some lines of dialogue by old NPCs that I couldn't remember being there originally, googled it and lo and behold! Someone at Beamdog decided to write a load of cringey, awful dialogue that completely detracts from the experience and pisses all over the original quality. I can cope with the trash quality of the new NPCs since they can be ignored but this shit happens anyway and it actively detracts from the existing experience.

Is there any way to remove it? Mods or anything?
[Deleted User]

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,364
    Ignore it? I've installed mods that added some cringeworthy stuff but it never affected me the way it seems to affect you. I find Neera's voice particularly annoying in BGEE but I just take her gem bag, cloak and staff and move on like nothing happened...
    [Deleted User]
  • JoeyJoey Member Posts: 201
    Having the original NPCs come out with cringey dialogue can't really be ignored though unless I want to solo.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    I think if you purchased it on GOG, you also get the originals. They don't have the new additions, so you're all set.
    [Deleted User]
  • JoeyJoey Member Posts: 201
    Well I've owned the originals for 15 years ;) but I quite like some of the engine improvements.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    you sure you don't have mods installed that adds npc text?
    ThacoBellRaduziel
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    yeah i tend to agree with @Doubledimas although i must admit i never played the Vanilla version anything like as much as i have played the EE version so it's hard to say for sure. Are you sure it's not just Nostalgia clouding your mind? After all 20+ yrs is a long time and memories can have a tendency to get warped over time.
    megamike15ThacoBell
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    Joey said:

I noticed some lines of dialogue by old NPCs that I couldn't remember being there originally, googled it and lo and behold! Someone at Beamdog decided to write a load of cringey, awful dialogue that completely detracts from the experience and pisses all over the original quality. I can cope with the trash quality of the new NPCs since they can be ignored but this shit happens anyway and it actively detracts from the existing experience.

Is there any way to remove it? Mods or anything?

Can you please post screenshots?
    Raduziel
  • MatthieuMatthieu Member Posts: 386
    Can you elaborate about the "dialogues" you are refering too? The only new dialogues I saw were related to the new content like new NPCs. Beambog contractually cannot alter the existing questlines or characters without relations to the new content AFAIK.
    ThacoBellRaduzielmegamike15