Skip to content

Trying to create a romantically balanced team.

GarrusN7GarrusN7 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 155
What I have decided to do, surprisingly, is to make a team in which team members hook up together in the end.
My current roster is Me, Jaheira, Minsc, Aerie and Haer'Dalis. I know that the last 2 hook up from recent conversations they have, and since me and Jaheira have a thing, well, they are on the way to a hook up.
Now then, the question is, who else can I possibly hook up to make the team full of pairs? I am a Chaotic Good Kensai/Mage/Thief. Who would fit and does Minsc actually have any semi romance available? If not then....well shit.....it's not like I want to dump my char's friend lol

Comments

• BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    I think Minsc only gets to "adopt" Aerie as his new Witch, far as i know there's no romance options with him.
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    Besides the short Aerie/Haer'Dalis fling (that I have never actually experienced), there is no real romance in the vanilla game.
    The Kivan mod comes with an NPC romance in Throne of Bhaal, and it's the only such mod that I have both tried and would recommend without hesitation.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

You mean head cannoning that your NPC's have a romance between them?

If so, then I'd say,

Nalia and Anomen,
    they have a lot in common. Nalia has money/property, Anomen when he gets knighted actually turns out to be a lot less of an arse. Both believe in doing right. Nalia could turn Anomen into the man he wants to be just like charname does to some extent. And if she does that, her own influence will increase rather than, as shown in game, a bit of a faded, backwater noble family that's being a bit shunned.
    They would be a formidible couple in Athkatla society.

Viconia and Haer Dalis.
    It's so obvious, why they ever threw Aerie into the mix is absurd.
    They wanted to create a love triangle and they chose to go with Aerie/HD/Charname?
    HD and Viconia, both "fish out of water", both with a cynical worldview, both adults able to cope with the other's shortcomings.

But Vic/HD wouldn't fit your party, so Nalia/Anomen would be ideal.

Then are you going to include Imoen?
    Has to be Valygar, can't see anybody else that would fit.

tbone1
  • GarrusN7GarrusN7 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 155

If so, then I'd say,

Nalia and Anomen,
    they have a lot in common. Nalia has money/property, Anomen when he gets knighted actually turns out to be a lot less of an arse. Both believe in doing right. Nalia could turn Anomen into the man he wants to be just like charname does to some extent. And if she does that, her own influence will increase rather than, as shown in game, a bit of a faded, backwater noble family that's being a bit shunned.

Viconia and Haer Dalis.
    It's so obvious, why they ever threw Aerie into the mix is absurd.
    They wanted to create a love triangle and they chose to go with Aerie/HD/Charname?
    HD and Viconia, both "fish out of water", both with a cynical worldview, both adults able to cope with the other's shortcomings.

She and Valygar have a thing???

Which interaction is actually better? Aerie or Victoria?
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    I believe there's also a canon Neera/Anomen relationship, though I've never actually seen it playing no-reload.
    Neverused said:

I believe there's also a canon Neera/Anomen relationship, though I've never actually seen it playing no-reload.

Yeah just saw it... Such a face palm that I am glad I didn't court her anymore, lol.
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    edited March 2018
    Korgan has romantic dialogs with Mazzy. Valigar/Mazzy - strictly professional (she makes him her squire). Anomen does flirt (as he thinks) with Neera and she makes a fool of him every time. Viconia and Hexxat are subjects of some kind of flirting here and there, but not much and certainly not to a degree of a couple.
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692

If so, then I'd say,

Nalia and Anomen,

Funnily, I have always thought that if any of the NPCs would hook up, it would be Valygar and Nalia!

They share a disdain for the ruling political bodies in Amn, and an indirect way of dealing with that (Valygar stays out of the way, Nalia works around the political institution to provide first-hand relief). In their epilogues, both are seen to return to Amn and cause trouble for the establishment in a way that the establishment had not anticipated they would be able to.

Beyond this, Valygar's scepticism around magic and Nalia's growing obsession with it in Throne of Bhaal sets up an interesting dynamic whereby Nalia risks becoming Valygar's worst fear - and he attempts to warn her of this in their shared dialogues. Though neither character is graced with an abundance of dialogue, the seeds are planted to suggest that the two could be on a course to enlighten and improve the other, or destroy them outright.

If I were therefore to suggest a romance beyond the Aerie/Haer'Dalis and protagonist romance options, I think it ought to be this pair. If nothing else, their Throne of Bhaal epilogues could easily be accomplished hand in hand, as they return to the same geographical location to enact similar kinds of change to the system.

Failing that, Korgan and Mazzy are probably your next best bet.

And as an aside, there is a flirtation in Throne of Bhaal between Imoen and Haer'Dalis, in which Imoen suggests it would be best if the Bard stayed away from her because it's very likely his smooth talking would probably yield some pretty good results if she indulged him for too long..!

If so, then I'd say,

Nalia and Anomen,

Funnily, I have always thought that if any of the NPCs would hook up, it would be Valygar and Nalia!

They share a disdain for the ruling political bodies in Amn, and an indirect way of dealing with that (Valygar stays out of the way, Nalia works around the political institution to provide first-hand relief). In their epilogues, both are seen to return to Amn and cause trouble for the establishment in a way that the establishment had not anticipated they would be able to.

Beyond this, Valygar's scepticism around magic and Nalia's growing obsession with it in Throne of Bhaal sets up an interesting dynamic whereby Nalia risks becoming Valygar's worst fear - and he attempts to warn her of this in their shared dialogues. Though neither character is graced with an abundance of dialogue, the seeds are planted to suggest that the two could be on a course to enlighten and improve the other, or destroy them outright.

If I were therefore to suggest a romance beyond the Aerie/Haer'Dalis and protagonist romance options, I think it ought to be this pair. If nothing else, their Throne of Bhaal epilogues could easily be accomplished hand in hand, as they return to the same geographical location to enact similar kinds of change to the system.

Failing that, Korgan and Mazzy are probably your next best bet.

And as an aside, there is a flirtation in Throne of Bhaal between Imoen and Haer'Dalis, in which Imoen suggests it would be best if the Bard stayed away from her because it's very likely his smooth talking would probably yield some pretty good results if she indulged him for too long..!
    Hmph....I like the sound of that. Tho I wonder...if i can replace Aerie with Viconia...I like her more as a team mate...and her less creepy portrait.
    recklessheart
    Viconia and Valygar have a passionate hatred for one another, if that works? Their relationship is hostile, but centres very much around sexuality. Viconia insinuates that he is gay, and I believe there's a couple of prostitute types that you can speak to around Athkatla whom Valygar will politely decline, prompting ridicule from Viconia.

iirc, one of these random dialogues can result in combat between the two party members. But it does not happen so long as you avoid that encounter. So at the very least, you've got a big sexual tension dynamic going on there.

Then you can pair Haer'Dalis with Imoen - although this only results in a single fliration in Throne of Bhaal, so you might have to wait a while to see the whole theme of romance come to fruition :)
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

Viconia and Valygar have a passionate hatred for one another, if that works? Their relationship is hostile, but centres very much around sexuality. Viconia insinuates that he is gay, and I believe there's a couple of prostitute types that you can speak to around Athkatla whom Valygar will politely decline, prompting ridicule from Viconia.

iirc, one of these random dialogues can result in combat between the two party members. But it does not happen so long as you avoid that encounter. So at the very least, you've got a big sexual tension dynamic going on there.

Then you can pair Haer'Dalis with Imoen - although this only results in a single fliration in Throne of Bhaal, so you might have to wait a while to see the whole theme of romance come to fruition :)

I had the fall out with Valygar/Viconia in Ust Nathar and then the game glitched out. Ended up having to kill Valygar and then drag his damn corpse around right up to returning to Athkatla for resurrection.

What is it with NPC's falling out in the Underdark when you are a bit restricted in solving the matter?
    On another occasion years back, had Minsc/Edwin fall out there and had to micromanage the whole rest of the game to keep them apart.
    I've inadvertantly hit the reputation level at the end of the Illithid lair, "what, wait, where you going Vicky?"

Edwin when Edwina the same in Ust Nathar, really when I didn't know the game, and spent quite some time looking for him. Initially thought it was because he was a woman and had just got p*ssed off too much.
    tbone1

Lol. I meant Viconia and Dalis, not Valygar.
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    @GarrusN7
    Neera and Minsc would make a pretty silly romantic option for imagination.
    Minsc: “Let justice be done on the evil behind of EVIL!”
    Neera: “You’re not checking out some other woman’s behind, are you, Minsc?!”
    Minsc: “What-? No! Minsc could never do any checking out of any behinds except for that of his dearest lady-friend! Well, except maybe Boo’s, but that’s only if he has an infection.”
    Neera: “It’s GIRLfriend, Minsc. I wish you would let me turn Boo into my familiar. Don’t you think it would be so much more romantic?”
    Minsc: “No! Boo is of noble ranger stock, not the plaything of wizardry!”
    Neera: “Here, let me just see him for a minute... oh wait... oops..”
    Minsc: “No! You turned Boo into a cow! That’s it, Minsc has had enough! This ‘relationship’ is NOT the stuff of legends! It will be fine, Boo, just don’t let anyone milk you until we can find a cure...”
    tbone1

@GarrusN7
    Minsc: “What-? No! Minsc could never do any checking out of any behinds except for that of his dearest lady-friend! Well, except maybe Boo’s, but that’s only if he has an infection.”
    Neera: “It’s GIRLfriend, Minsc. I wish you would let me turn Boo into my familiar. Don’t you think it would be so much more romantic?”
    Minsc: “No! You turned Boo into a cow! That’s it, Minsc has had enough! This ‘relationship’ is NOT the stuff of legends! It will be fine, Boo, just don’t let anyone milk you until we can find a cure...”

I think you just made my day lol.
    mashedtaters
    Someone seriously should have Neera and Minsc hook up. I mean...the devs have such a play field!
    mashedtaters
    GarrusN7 said:

Lol. I meant Viconia and Dalis, not Valygar.

I don't, to memory, recall a romantic dynamic there, so I'm not sure how it fulfils the criteria for a romantic party.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

@GarrusN7

[Standing ovation]
    mashedtaters