• ProphetSwordProphetSword Member Posts: 43
    Too bad it also destroyed the camera...
    Grymlorde
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992

What? How?
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    edited March 2018
    80mb/s is really good because I am only getting 1.30mb/s for this 800meg download.

Apparently "The camera bounds as configurable in the .ini now default to 1.69 values (unlocked)."
  • ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    It's possibly bound to that, I've also been seeing reports of the camera acting differently depending on what camera-mode you're currently in. Sadly we didn't see any of these issues during testing, but we're monitor it for cause / workaround / fix.
  • AnaraxisAnaraxis Member Posts: 2
    Yeah, there are some camera issues. Posted a bug report: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/36033
    Am I the only one seeing massive performance hiccups?
    edited March 2018
    Adjusting the values in the ini doesn't change the camera for me. It's very claustrophobic at the moment in "Drive Mode," which is what I use all the time. Can't see any of the skyboxes due to the camera not being able to tilt. It only points down at the ground. I also can't pull it very far back either, giving me very little view distance.

Also, using the * key only seems to toggle between two different modes. I may be remembering wrong, but aren't there three camera modes?
    Post edited by ProphetSword on
  • GrymlordeGrymlorde Member Posts: 121
    edited March 2018
    Top Down mode doesn't work anymore. Camera zoom in Top Down mode doesn't work at all. I cannot play EE in this condition. While I can manually raise the camera, the lack of zoom out renders the game unplayable for me. If I play in driving or chase cam, I get motion sick.

This means that I can no longer test NWN: EE. I know I'm not the only one who gets motion sickness from the driving cam or over-the-shoulder cam as this was discussed briefly on the BioWare Social forums (IIRC). So there are others who cannot test any more until this is fixed.

Both bugs have been reported.
  • NWN_TömlNWN_Töml Member Posts: 90
    edited March 2018
    I havent changed any ini settigns at all and top down camera mode works perfectly for me!
    So i can see everything in every angle i want with the middle mouse button on hold!

And i like the chase cam somehow. The only cool thing would be to self adjust the distance and angle to player via the ini file!
  • raz651raz651 Member Posts: 175
    @toro posted this fix in TechSupport forums.
    T0R0 said:

If you find yourself stuck with no zoom in any mode,, switch to chase, quit game, restart.. You'll at least have zoom back in chase. If you change modes you will lose zoom again in all modes. (at least that is the behavior for me)

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/964548/#Comment_964548
  • AlibertoAliberto Member Posts: 80
    edited March 2018
    NWN_Töml said:

I havent changed any ini settigns at all and top down camera mode works perfectly for me!

can you please write exactly what values did you use?

Post edited by Aliberto on
    Aliberto said:

NWN_Töml said:

can you please write exactly what values did you use?

He said he didn't change any of the ini settings, so I assume he's using the default values.

That being said, some people are having issues and others aren't. I'm one that is having issues.
  • NWN_TömlNWN_Töml Member Posts: 90
    My unchaged ini settings are :

[Control Options]
    CameraMaxPitch=180.000000
    CameraMinDist=1.000000
    TooltipDelay uSec=100000
    Enable FloatyTextFeedback=1
    Hide SecondStoryTiles=0
    ClientEntireChatWindowLogging=0
    LogMyEmoteUsage=0
    In-game Text Swear Filter=0
    Visible Cloaks=1

etc.
  • GrymlordeGrymlorde Member Posts: 121
    @niv has stated that the top down camera and zoom bugs are now fixed (by him personally) and will be in the next patch.
    Atrophiederic
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Thanks for your testing, everyone!

We're aware of all the issues the patch has brought and working on them.
    Atrophiederic
    Of course you are!
  • bloodstripesbloodstripes Member Posts: 8

Thanks for your testing, everyone!

We're aware of all the issues the patch has brought and working on them.

Thanks much! Love the quick updates you guys provide us.
    JuliusBorisov
  • bloodstripesbloodstripes Member Posts: 8
    I did notice that when I tried out HoTU, that the camera worked fine in overhead mode. I was also able to zoom in and out with ease.