As we look at gearing up for this big launch, the trolls are out in force! These are some of their favorite tactics when they seem to want to troll on NWN servers.
If you know of other common PW exploits, please share them so they can get some attention. I'm aware that some PW owners have already implemented fixes for some of these issues (such as Continual Flame) so this might simply serve as a checklist to make sure your new NWN:EE PW is troll-proof.Stacking Traps
- It is possible stack traps in overlapping patterns that will deliver hundreds of points of damage to unsuspecting PCs. Traps are probably the favorite method of griefing others and this behavior is prohibited in nearly every roleplay community.Transition Abuse
- Depending on the speed of your PC, it is possible to transition sometimes several times before another player can load in one time. In PVP situations, this has lead to considerable grief, considering that the transition break is a free opportunity to re-enter stealth, among other problems such as attacking the other player before they've all the way loaded.Continual Flame and Merchants
- This one is a favorite for trolls looking to break your server economy. By casting Continual Flame on weapons, they can increase the value of the item and sell these items over and over to make massive amounts of wealth. This behavior is prohibited by nearly every roleplay community.Hostile/Non-Hostile Greater Sanctuary bug
- I'll have to look at recreating this, but it's a fairly well known bug where you can toggle non-hostile to reveal a player who is using Greater Sanctuary.Double Boxing
- Maybe this is one for a server or module switch to disallow? Simply put, unless a PW has created scripts to detect players who play two accounts from the same IP address, double boxing is an easy exploit to get away with. There is a use-case where multiple players in the same household would create this situation, but "double boxing" is generally prohibited by nearly every roleplay community.