Skip to content

Jaheira Romance

First time doing this romance, from what i understand you need to do the harper hold quests for sure, have your reputation to 16 around the end, and i read that there is one talk that requires an insane amount of real time to trigger?? i hope not lol. anyways is there anything i missed to make this successful?
booinyoureyes

Comments

• GarrusN7GarrusN7 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 155
    edited March 2018

First time doing this romance, from what i understand you need to do the harper hold quests for sure, have your reputation to 16 around the end, and i read that there is one talk that requires an insane amount of real time to trigger?? i hope not lol. anyways is there anything i missed to make this successful?

All except a lot of time is correct. The long waiting time is only 2 hours of gameplay.
    I also recommend doing the quest in Umar. It's vital for romance far in game.

Also don't let Jaheira die, her romance gets locked if you kick her or she dies.
    laptopman666ThacoBell
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    GarrusN7 said:

All except a lot of time is correct. The long waiting time is only 2 hours of gameplay.
    I also recommend doing the quest in Umar. It's vital for romance far in game.

Also don't let Jaheira die, her romance gets locked if you kick her or she dies.
    Thank you for the response, very helpful!
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    The last trigger to finish the romance is actually real time. So depending on how quickly you go through the game, you may have to delay finishing chapter 3 to let it run down.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164

Jaheira, Jaheira,
    I never really knew that she could cast like this
    She makes a man wants to speak elvish
    "Scio didicti hecta" (si)
    "Praeses Alea" (si)
    Mi casa (Jaheira Jaheira), su casa

Oh Charname when you talk like that
    You make a Harper go mad
    So be wise (si) and keep on (si)
    Peeling Iron Skins off my body (uno, dos, tres, cuatro)

And I'm on tonight you know nature's servant don't lie
    And I'm starting to feel it's right
    All the attraction, the tension
    Don't you see baby, this is perfection
    laptopman666PhototoxinSharGuidesMyHand
    @booinyoureyes bwahahahah that made me laugh so hard, they say the writing is good for her romance so im gonna give it a try, dont expect any rhyming from me i dont got the poetry skills mr boo here does :tongue:
    booinyoureyes
    ThacoBell said:

The last trigger to finish the romance is actually real time. So depending on how quickly you go through the game, you may have to delay finishing chapter 3 to let it run down.

Hmmmm I thought I remembered something about chapter 6 and an npc reappearing to talk to her? I'm probably wrong
    @laptopman666 It probably would still trigger in chapter 6, but I never waited that long to finish the romance, so I can't guarantee that. But after enough real time has passed, an npc shows up to talk to Jaheira when you transition screens.
    laptopman666
    ThacoBell said:

@laptopman666 It probably would still trigger in chapter 6, but I never waited that long to finish the romance, so I can't guarantee that. But after enough real time has passed, an npc shows up to talk to Jaheira when you transition screens.

well alrighty then, thank you.

@booinyoureyes the only rhymin skills i got are whats on my selfie, those witches just dont know!
    booinyoureyes
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    It's good to hear from you again (I was DJSweatz2013). I don't remember much about doing the Jaheria Romance (it was the first one I ever did actually) but I remember it's very complicated and requires percise timing, I'm sure there are guides out there.
    As long as you do all the harper quests and then rest outside a couple times, you should hit all the talks in time without issues. Oh, make sure to buy that amulet at the docks.
    The one issue I noticed, is when you run into a fight with Jaheira's friend, even if you persuaded her not to fight and she leaves, Jaheira talks as if you killed her friend....dunno how to resolve that.
    GarrusN7 said:

The one issue I noticed, is when you run into a fight with Jaheira's friend, even if you persuaded her not to fight and she leaves, Jaheira talks as if you killed her friend....dunno how to resolve that.

Are you sure? I've never experienced that. What was your rep?
    ThacoBell said:

GarrusN7 said:

Are you sure? I've never experienced that. What was your rep?
    Strange.
    ThacoBell said:

Strange.

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? Even though she never dies.
  • xizorxizor Member Posts: 89
    edited March 2018
    GarrusN7 said:

This happens to me every time (in both EE and the original BG2). I've always assumed that they just didn't write proper dialogue for this situation, but does it actually exist?
    It could be a non-universal bug. Every IE install seems to have its own special issues.

@laptopman666 If you see this happen to you, I'd keep a copy of your save and report to troubleshooting. Maybe we can get this permantly fixed or at least figure out what causes it.
    edited March 2018
    @ThacoBell absolutely, ill keep you updated, if it helps the only other mod i have installed is banterpacks, so if issues pop up that may add to the troubleshooting....sorry :c (i love my deep dialogue hehe) edit: the one thing that may slow my progress is i am currently reinstalling my OS, but i got them saves backed up :)
    ThacoBell
  • SultericSulteric Member Posts: 5
    The long time required is when Terminsel (Elminster) appears. You get 100,000 experience points. The romance has to proceed correctly. For real time to pass just pause your game and go clean the house. Works for me. :)
    ThacoBell
    There is also a console command to advance real time.
  • xizorxizor Member Posts: 89
    Sulteric said:

just pause your game and go clean the house

I just imagined a game that actually requires you to clean the house to progress. :D

So far so good, just finished the harpers quest and have had a bunch of talks :wink:
    BorekThacoBell
  • ZlizeZlize Member Posts: 9
    I can't finish this quest for some reason Dermin won't appear. So Jaheira can't renounce her harper status or be summoned to the harpers hold for a second time.

SPOLIER!!!

Also Bodhi didn't kidnapped Jaheria (or any character for that part).

Please help! I've done the Barons curse quest and all the other harpers quests. I even bought her the damn necklace and I'm pretty sure all the banthers are done for now. I'm at the end of chapter 6 but I won't progress until I get this to work since I'm a completionist.

I know there are other posts like this but they seem to be closed so I'm gonna try my luck here :)

Are there any clua console commands that I'm not aware of? I've tried some old ones but they didn't work.

Peace!
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    C:SetGlobal("JaheiraRomanceActive","Global",2)

That should set her to in love status.
    Didn't work Dermin still won't appear >_>

I think there is a bug involved if Bohdi dosen't kidnapped her
    Ok sry for the misunderstanding Jaheira has renounced her harper status but she won't be called to the harpers hold a second time. I've tried resting and traveling and some clua commands
    There's many stages to her romance, i assumed you just wanted her to get abducted by Bodhi.

C:SetGlobal("JaheiraRomance","Global",1) will trigger the next talk, assuming all criteria are met, such as sleeping in a wilderness area in some cases.

C:SetGlobal("DerminAppear","GLOBAL",1) will make him appear

C:SetGlobal("RevianeAppear","GLOBAL",1) might need this step, not sure if you are past it already

C:SetGlobal("TerminselAppear","GLOBAL",1) to save waiting forever for the harper pin
    No I just wan't to finish her quest and get the harper pin but she won't get summoned to the harpers hold a second time.

Yes Reviane has appeared before but I settled things peacefully with her (Rep over 16).

Allthou I've never encountered any harper attacks after that.

I think the problem is a bug where the quest won't progress unless she gets abducted by Bodhi in chapter 6 >_>

Thx for the fast replies
    Well, to get her to return to the Hold the 2nd time requires you to rest outside in a wilderness area, after you wake up she is gone and Terminsel should wander over with her note. Dermin should turn up before then, he will only show when you are outside the city. Have you tried going to De'Arnise Keep and using the dermin appear console command and resting?
    ThacoBell
    I was able to get a new banter by going there and after that I used the cluaconsole commands:

C:SetGlobal("JaheiraRomance","Global",1)
    C:SetGlobal("JaheiraRomance","Global",2)
    C:SetGlobal("JaheiraRomance","Global",5)

to get Dermin to appear for the second time and then Terminsel appeared after resting leaving the note that Jaheira was gone and so the quest is active once again.

TY so much for your help and fast replies! Onward in this amazing saga!
    Borek