Skip to content

Issues Loading HAK Files for Multiplayer? NWNEE

I've set up a couple of test servers to try to get some custom classes and races to work. I have a friend of mine who is helping me test, and connecting via multiplayer (not a LAN) game. When I connect to the server, the HAK's seem to load just fine before character creation. I can only see the single class I left available (Monk).

He on the other hand, sees no difference at all in the class listing. He has the HAK installed of course, and in the proper directory. And strangely enough, when I host my other server (with a bunch of custom prestige classes) he can see all of those. So it seems to be working for one of the mods and not working for the other.

We've tried everything I can think of to try to figure out what might be causing it, but so far I've had zero luck. We've tried verifying game files and reloading the game, nothing changes! The HAK I'm using for this is actually a super simple HAK, containing only the Classes.2da file. Any help would be appreciated, because if he can't help me test that's going to be a huge pain. And if it's actually legitimately not working, I have to figure out why.

Comments

• SlaughternautSlaughternaut Member Posts: 6
    Probably Solved!!!! Seems as though there was a space in the name of the HAK which was causing some kind of issue maybe? Renaming the HAK seemed to fix the issue. Still though, I would consider it strange behavior.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited March 2018
    Hello
    Please could you report this on the NWN Public Bugs reports so it can be looked at. The Wiki tab provides an example of how to report and the New Issue tab can be used to create a report.

Assuming your HAK is small enough to upload to the report either as-is or zipped that would help the devs reproduce and investigate the issue.
    (if you get a gateway timeout that indicates the file is too large to upload)

Thanks