Skip to content

I just discovered the existence of NWN EE yesterday and have questions.

I tried using the search function but I wasn't able to find what I was looking for so please forgive me if I these questions have been asked before.

Questions:
*Is there an option to roll full HP on level like NWN2?
*Will we be getting new portraits, models and voices for our character?
*Will there be new classes in NWN EE that are not available in the vanilla NWN?

Comments

• JimbobslimbobJimbobslimbob Member Posts: 206
    1. Yes, it's an INI file setting.
    2. There is a portrait pack DLC announced already - but the majority of them will no doubt be from mods as there are thousands available already.
    3. Unsure at present, but unlikely. Mods are your port of call here as well, since the developers are working at unhardcoding as much of the game as possible to open it up more for modders.
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    edited March 2018
    Is there an option to roll full HP on level like NWN2?
    I'm not sure, but they are doing ongoing support of the game, so if it's not in the game, then go ahead and suggest it and they'll probably look into it. They have a board full of player suggestions where you can vote on what features you want added. Check it out under the Trello board section of the Neverwinter Nights section.

Here's the link: https://trello.com/b/Lb79bbgy/neverwinter-nights-input

Will we be getting new portraits, models and voices for our character?
    Yes, there is already a new portrait pack listed on the Steam store for a few more, and they have "New Portraits" listed as one of their current ongoing projects (again on the Trello boards).

There are also new models that have been released. They've shown off a new Aribeth model, as well as a new male PC model, and then the temple tileset (Hall of Justice). They have said they are currently still kind of testing the waters on new models, but the idea is that they'll add new models as an ongoing, slow burn type of project that will happen over the course of the coming years.

Here's the WIP Aribeth:

I haven't heard anything about new voice sets yet though.

Will there be new classes in NWN EE that are not available in the vanilla NWN?
    I don't think they've confirmed anything regarding this yet, but they do plan on adding new content through modules or expansions, so I could see it happening eventually. The current build of NWN:EE is mostly just a playable version that will receive ongoing support, with little new content yet. New classes could come though.
    More detail on your first question:
    It's in the file "nwnplayer.ini"
    Section: "Server Options"
    Key: "Max Hit Points"

If you are using GSM, the INI file config list file I uploaded contains it in the list for easy editing.
  • SuperFunHappySuperFunHappy Member Posts: 44
    LOL. I've had this game for such a long time and I had no idea you could configure the hp roll to roll max.

Wow that model looks amazing. When I looked up NWN: EE videos on Youtube they looked the same as the vanilla.

LOL. I've had this game for such a long time and I had no idea you could configure the hp roll to roll max.

One of those "hidden gems" that's been around in NWN since day one - it works in the 1.69 "Classic" version as well. Perhaps with the EE they will add proper UI options for these hidden settings to make it easier for players.

Wow that model looks amazing. When I looked up NWN: EE videos on Youtube they looked the same as the vanilla.

It is indeed a step in the right direction. To be honest, Beamdog are not helping themselves much with advertising of the EE - a lot of players are completely unaware of all the graphical updates they are doing.
  • DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    edited March 2018
    I prefer the old Aribeth model for two reasons:
    1. It looks more like Aribeth.
    2. Having some models being high fidelity while some are not will feel terribly inconsistent.

I dont mind the old models though, so thats ok.
    I believe most graphical updates will roll out in the form of optional mods over a period of several years after release.
    What we already have built-in and in-progress for the base client is higher resolution, better lighting fx and a new UI.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited March 2018
    @SuperFunHappy

Our focus for the release version is stability and overall improvements. We’re still experimenting with new graphics. We gave a glimpse via a tech demo now availble in the Steam Workshop.

Don't miss these 3 recaps (about graphics):

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/03/march-23-livestream-recap.html
    http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/03/march-16-livestream-recap.html
    http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/03/march-9-livestream-recap.html
  • SuperFunHappySuperFunHappy Member Posts: 44
    Thank you. Appreciate it.