Skip to content

Please make a GOG.com release of BG(2)EE!!!

13»

Comments

• paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    I'm not sure EA/Bioware would be okay with the EE being on GOG. I'm sure they're getting a cut for every BG sold there, and wouldn't they have to split that with Beamdog if the EE was put on GOG? I just don't think they'll be up for it. It'd sure be cool though.
  • William_ImmWilliam_Imm Member Posts: 72
    @paulsifer42

Bio/EA does not own the rights to the game, they only licensed the Infinity Engine to Beamdog, and even then they don't own the modified engine used in the Enhanced Editions.

As for releasing this game on GOG.com, while Trent's basically saying "no", Atari (the publisher of the game) probably would be willing to (eventually) release the Enhanced Editions on GOG.com - Atari's already on good terms with the owners of GOG, CD Projekt (in fact they published some of their games).

I would probably make a petition at some point for a GOG release of the Enhanced Editions at some point, if this game gets onto GOG.com, it would be an win-win for everyone involved.
  • paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    @William_Imm I guess I just don't fully understand who gets money for what. If Atari is already getting money from their game being on GOG, why would they want a game competing with it on GOG that they have to share profits from?
  • DKnightDKnight Member Posts: 307
    Even if it gets thrown towards gog, Ive tried talking about this Enhanced Edition and most of the people on the site were frustrated I was mentioning it to begin with. They concluded that a lot of people are not happy that Baldurs Gate is getting enhanced because they believe that this should be free. I could see if the game was $60, but the naturally low price and its not like they are forced to buy it.

It doesn't make any sense why anyone wouldn't want it to be done.
  • gharleyjrgharleyjr Member Posts: 2
    Onlive!! :)