Skip to content

Help me install mods on mac with weidu - again the permission denied problem.

PopenhauzenPopenhauzen Member Posts: 7
edited March 2018 in BGII:EE Mods
First of all, i edited the game folder to read&write, and to apply said option to all subfolders.
Second this is my game folder right now:

I did not go into package contents->contents->resources as subtledoctors video on this link showed because my chitinkey and other folders are on the general game folder. I dont know if its important or not.

Third i had a sucessfull installation of many mods before i decided to wipe it and restart, and i just cant remember what i did different.

When i try to run cd tweaks through the launcher i get this:

Last, my weidu program does not have the proper icon as you may have noticed. I visited the web page, and there is no os version for the latest version, so i used v.240 instead.

so as you might have figured out, i dont know what i am doing, i just try to follow the tutorials and varius posts that might have had the same problem.

Comments

• NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    Been two or so years since my Mac broke and I replaced it with a PC, but two things I remember: go one level up from that folder, and inspect it using Apple I. It should give you a list of permissions at the bottom, set it to allow basically everything and everyone to have read and write access, and there should be another button that says apply to everything in said folders.

If that doesn't work... I recall having to use Sudo for some commands but not sure if those were mod related commands.
  • PopenhauzenPopenhauzen Member Posts: 7

Thats the first thing i wrote in the post, i have done this.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    The executable bit for the WeiDU binary is not set. You can't set that in the macOS Finder GUI. The lastest version of the Mac WeiDU Launcher will actually copy a WeiDU binary with the bit set into your directory, if one isn't present. Or you can set the bit manually with this command in the Terminal (in the directory with the "weidu" binary.

chmod a+x weidu
    er sorry but i am totaly confused. When i use the launcher without a weidu file placed by myself, i get the message to do so. Are you saying it should generate it on its own? And that the permission denied problem is because i dont have the correct weidu present?
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    The problem is that the "execute" bit in the file permissions for the weidu binary is not set. You can set the bit manually via the Terminal with this command.

chmod a+x weidu
    It works! I thank you from the bottom of my cambion heart.