Skip to content

Crashing while loading into zones and random crashes

bsly137bsly137 Member Posts: 6
This may be a known issue but I have a newer laptop with onboard graphics. My computer crashes while loading into the peninsula district and also beggar's nest. I also get random crashes here and there also. I was really looking forward to the enjoying this game again but I guess I can hang that up until some bugs are fixed...

Another unrelated issue, I never received a key for steam...

I don't mean to complain but these seem like issues that should have been ironed out prior to release.

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    You need to login to your Beamdog account on their website to snag your Steam Key. Issues with integrated Intel graphic cards is an ongoing issue they are still working to resolve.
  • bsly137bsly137 Member Posts: 6
    I had to load the website in a different browser but I got the key. The loading screen issue is disappointing.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Hello!
    The crashing can be due to
    1) an Antivirus issue
    2) a Windows Controlled Folder Access issue
    3) different reason

See https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/946094/#Comment_946094 and https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/957092/#Comment_957092 - if it doesn't help, please, file a bug on support.baldursgate.com - our dedicated bug tracker - and the Team will be able to help you.
    I did submit a bug report. I can play through the prolong and the peninsula district but the crashing in beggars nest is continual and random. I plan to install the game on my desktop which has a dedicated graphics card. Hopefully, these issues will not persist on my desktop.
    I did want to give an update on my issue. I basically gave up on trying to play the game on my laptop and installed it on my desktop. The game runes flawlessly on my desktop which has a geforce 1050ti