Skip to content

Can i give away my steam key to a friend?

Hey all, since i bought the game on steam and then bought the game on beamdog i have no use for the steam key that comes with the beamdog version. Am i able to give this key to a friend or are there any rules against this / any reason that it would be a bad idea? Is there anything that connects the steam key version to my beamdog account that would cause trouble in the future?

Comments

• DamastLDamastL Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2018
    Take advantage of this post to ask a similar thing. In my beamdog account where I bought both digital and then updated to deluxe, because a fanboy is the least I can do! xD If I go to the my account section, Key. I find something like that. Look at the picture ...
    I state that I work the digital deluxe correctly on steam, but I wanted to know if having the steam and client keys double and different from each other, (of course they are obscured) I wanted to know if they can be used on another pc / steam account.
    Thank you!!

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Cinquain said:

Am i able to give this key to a friend

Yes!
    DamastL said:

I wanted to know if having the steam and client keys double and different from each other, (of course they are obscured) I wanted to know if they can be used on another pc / steam account.

Yes!

Use them as you wish :)
  • DamastLDamastL Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2018
    Ty so much for the reply and the precious info! ;)
    However, for fairness to you I wanted to say that I bought only a copy of nee EE and then upgraded to the Deluxe, as I wrote here.
    How come I have 2 copies of steam and game keys? Should not they appear at most in giftable games?
    If I had to give away is not that then they also conflict with my account and the keys that I own? Thanks as always for the kindness and sorry for the trouble!