Skip to content

Can't play multiplayer on NWN:EE steam

h3x4h3x4 Member Posts: 9
Greetings,
I have purchased nwn:EE on steam, when I am am clicking on multiplayer in nwn menu, it says "Attempting to recover your multiplayer Cdkey. Reciept recived. Verifying purchase"
And thats it, nothing happens after that, just this windows. Even no timeout or anything.
I have no problem with playing multiplayer in old NWN.

Please asist, Arelith moved to EE and I can't login!

Comments

• h3x4h3x4 Member Posts: 9
    24 hours have passed and no response! Is this official support forum or I should contact someone else?
  • nivniv Member, Moderator, Developer Posts: 410
    Hi, it's easter and no one is in the office really, sorry for the delay.

I've checked the logs on our end and your IPs (at least the two you had on this forum here in the posts above) do not even show up.

Let's try to debug this though. Can you reach https://nwn.beamdog.net/ via the web browser?
    Do you have your steam ID at hand, perchance? (It's a very long numeric probably starting with 76.., not your user/login. Feel free to PM it to me for privacy reasons.)
    Easter right! I am russian so we have ortodox christianity here and easter is on april 08th. Sorry about that. I will make a packet capture and send you detailed info via pm along with my steamID.
    Okay I've sent PM to niv 3 days ago and no reply :D probobly easter goes on for weeks!
    Beamdog support team, this is not funny anymore. I have paid for the game and still can't use multiplayer feature. Everything was fine with an old nwn version. Please respond to this thread.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Can you verify that your steam key is the same key listed in the cdkey.ini located in your documents folder for Neverwinter Nights? If you had a previous working version of NWN then your cdkey.ini might be repopulating an old cd key. You can simply edit the cdkey.ini with a text editor to fix it (but I always recommend you backup that .ini somewhere).

You can also PM with the information that @niv requested and I can get it looked at.
    JuliusBorisov
  • lonjalonja Member Posts: 2

I have the same problem. they set a copy for me through steam. we only buy it to play online and I can not do it. I would like a solution
  • nivniv Member, Moderator, Developer Posts: 410
    Hello lonja,

I quickly checked the logs for your IP (from the post on this forum) and it said you have been assigned a key properly. You should be able to enter any MP server. What's the issue you are seeing?
    JuliusBorisov
  • FaustyeFaustye Member Posts: 17
    Hi... I have exactly the same problem! Even cdkey.ini didnt show up in documents folder. I have steam bought version of nwn:ee.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Make sure your Antivirus or UAC doesn't prevent changes to Documents/Neverwinter Nights so that the game could create the needed files, including cdkey.ini.
    I turned off antivirus... Can you tell me how can I check that UAC doesnt prevent changes?
    Well... nwn.ini and nwnplayer.ini is created when I start the game for the first time, but no cdkey.ini. If there was a something which could cause preventing changes, I think that nwn.ini and nwnplayer.ini would not be created.
    JuliusBorisov