Skip to content

Intel Integrated Graphics issues: Solutions or refunds

dawg27dawg27 Member Posts: 1
edited April 2018 in Technical Support
I'm currently running Intel HD Integrated 5500, and like many other Intel users cannot play EE due to near enough instantaneous crashes during the loading screen when attempting to enter a module, or very shortly afterwards.

I've forcibly updated my drivers, adjusted the nwn.ini as suggested on the Beamblog as well as used GLDirect to try and run the program. I've also added several logs to the bugtracker, though did note many others with similar/identical problems to myself.

Are there any plans to improve compatibility with intel? It has been several days since I bought the game, and I will be looking to request a refund before the 14 day time limit is up if no solution is on the horizon.

I appreciate this isn't a fault entirely on Beamdogs side and I would like to keep playing NWN having done so for almost a decade, but it is the only game I play and I'm not going to buy a new system just for one game.

Comments

• h3x4h3x4 Member Posts: 9
    They'd made some changes in dev build, but its not "release" so you can't really play the intel fix on other pws.
  • bsly137bsly137 Member Posts: 6
    Was this an issue with the original NWN? If I loaded up the original and played it with integrated graphics would we experience the same issues?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Hello!
    Not sure about the original NWN.
    Intel-related crashing problems are still ongoing, sadly. The team continues to work on this issue. https://trello.com/c/xhbbmORm/114-known-issues-since-last-build
  • h3x4h3x4 Member Posts: 9
    bsly137 said:

Was this an issue with the original NWN? If I loaded up the original and played it with integrated graphics would we experience the same issues?

NO, i've played just fine on original.
  • HwestaHwesta Member Posts: 11
    i found a solution worked well for me. i opened intel control panel. and changed 3d settings from performance to private settings. and change texture quality to "balanced" from preformance and all other settings is "use app. settings". and all my problem solved.