Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Changing NWN:EE language to german

AsmaranAsmaran Member Posts: 4
edited April 4 in Beamdog Client
Hello everyone,

i just bought the basic version of Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition and try to start it over Beamdog-Client. But it seems I can only play the game with english language. I changed Client-language to german and also tried to edit the nwn.ini-File by adding "Language=de". Nevertheless the game is starting in english language. How do I change to german?

Post edited by Asmaran on

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 15,394
    Hello, @Asmaran . Were you by chance given NWN:EE manually by our support?

Purchasing NWN:EE should get you a provision for the multilang build. If you have been given NWN:EE by hand, then you would also need to be given the multilang.

• AsmaranAsmaran Member Posts: 4
    edited April 4
    I downloaded NWN:EE via Beamdog-Client. After downloading the Client and logging in I were able to install it there. But seems I got an english-only version, because when I look at game-folder I only find "en" in the "lang"-directory.

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 15,394
    Contact our support and ask them if you have the multilang build, or not (you should).

[email protected]

Ok, I will try. I already contacted support, but they forwarded me to Redmine-Ticket-System. I just did think I try and see if someone here can help me, since I did not want to register at an additional service (I already registered at Beamdog-Site for purchasing the game, Support-Site for posting an issue and here). I now asked in the support-chat if they can check if I have the multilang-build. If this does not lead to a solution then I think I will finally have to register at Redmine, too and post an issue there.

Thank you for your help :)

JuliusBorisov
  • bozbarbozbar Member Posts: 2
    Hallo!
    Ich habe dasselbe Problem und bin auch vom Support an das Ticket-System verwiesen worden. Daraufhin habe ich mich dort angemeldet und einen Bugreport erstellt https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/36401 Leider hat sich seitdem (2 Monate her) niemand um das Problem gekümmert.
    Ich habe das Spiel ebenfalls direkt bei beamdog gekauft und habe auch nur die englische Variante zur Auswahl. :-/

I think most people here do not speak german so I will answer in english. Well I am still waiting for a fix, but today I saw your ticket being solved :) Other tickets targeting the same problem got also solved, so I hope they will fix the problem for my account soon. :#

JuliusBorisov