Skip to content

A few technical questions

Hi everyone!!!

A few of my friends and I are playing IWD2 at the moment and we are right near the end. We had a blast playing and we want to play NWN : EE since the timing is pretty fortunate that it came out right as we were ending IWD2. We are not sure about 4 things, which is why I made this topic:

1. One of my friends has a Mac and the rest of us have PCs. This was an issue for IWD2, since we were playing over GameRanger. I let him borrow a PC I had lying around, but will this game work if you play together online cross-platform?

2. How many people can play the campaign?

3. If a player is not playing for the week (usually one of us has some adult things to do), can that players character be controlled by another player so they can still get xp and be used in the adventure? In IWD2, players were assigned to characters before each session, and one player could control multiple characters.

4. How would we go about playing the campaign together over the internet? For IWD2, we used GameRanger to create a room that everyone joined and I had the save files on my computer. Is it a similar setup in NWN?

That's it really, we just want to have our ducks in a row before we start this. Thanks anyone who can help!

Comments

• TerrorbleTerrorble Member Posts: 169
    Haven't played the campaign in 15 years. As far as I know, it was single player.

I think you'd all have much more fun joining one of the persistent worlds, learning how it works and exploring it.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Moving to General Discussion as it belongs here.