[IWDEE] Adding description image to items

lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
edited August 2019 in General Modding

Post edited by lefreut on
Ravenslightlolien

Comments

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    lefreut said:

And if it exists, convert the BMP to a BAM and patch the ITM to use this BAM as its description image?

Converting it is unnecessary, those BMP work for description images as well as BAM.
    	COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP ~.*\.itm~ override
    		READ_ASCII 0x58 c_image
    		PATCH_IF	~%c_image%~ STRING_EQUAL ~~ BEGIN
    			PATCH_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~C%SOURCE_RES%.BMP~	BEGIN	// Try item filename
    				WRITE_EVALUATED_ASCII 0x58 ~C%SOURCE_RES%~
    			END	ELSE	BEGIN
    				READ_ASCII 0x3a i_image (8)
    				INNER_PATCH_SAVE	i_image ~%i_image%~ BEGIN WRITE_ASCII 0 ~C~ #1	END
    				PATCH_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~%i_image%.BMP~	BEGIN	// Try item inventory icon
    					WRITE_EVALUATED_ASCII 0x58 ~C%i_image%~
    				END	ELSE	BEGIN
    					READ_ASCII 0x44 g_image (8)
    					INNER_PATCH_SAVE	g_image~%g_image%~ BEGIN WRITE_ASCII 0 ~C~ #1	END
    					PATCH_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~%g_image%.BMP~	BEGIN	// Try item ground icon
    						WRITE_EVALUATED_ASCII 0x58 ~C%g_image%~
    					END
    				END
    			END
    		END
    	BUT_ONLY

Unfortunately a lot (if not all) of the IWD-unique items (all the U- and ZZ- prefixed items) don't have any such graphics specific to them. As well, a lot of the description graphics from BG1/2EE are not present in IWDEE.
    Arunsunlefreutlolien
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited August 2019
    lolien
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    edited April 2018
    lefreut said:

Thanks a lot for the code :) Just a tiny details, I think it will copy all itms in the override folder. Is it possible to only copy the ones that will be patched?

The last line BUT_ONLY tells WeiDU to copy only itm files that have been patched.
    lefreut said:

The problem is that the UI automatically rescale bitmaps to use all available space (where bams are displayed using there own sizes) and I don't think there is a way to change this behavior :( As they can have different sizes and you can't query it in the UI, you can't set the correct area size.

If you wish, I can have a look on the way to convert on the fly the existing bmp files. But creating bam files with WeiDU is not that easy. The last time I wrote a WeiDU routine for that purpose (converting legacy inventory bam - classical games - to v2 format - EE), it took me about a whole week. ;)
    Post edited by Gwendolyne on
    lolien
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited August 2019
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    I will have a look this weekend, if you can wait a couple of days.
    lefreut