Skip to content

iOS exporting from bg1:ee to SoD app

I recently finished a playthrough of bg1 on the iOS app, and want to import my main character over to the SoD app that is also on my iPad. However, when I attempt to export it by following all of the instructions (hold quick save then choose copy to SoD) the SoD app opens up in the import screen, but it is empty; there is nothing there that got through that I can load. I have successfully managed to save the file elsewhere, such as emails, so I assume bg1 is exporting something, but it cannot properly transiton to SoD

I am playing on app version 2.4.71
I use an iPad Pro 10.5
I have iOS 11.2.6

Thanks in advance,
5kullduggery

Comments

• _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    I think the problem is that the games are patched to 2 different versions: BGEE v2.4.71 vs. SoD v2.5.13
  • 5kullduggery5kullduggery Member Posts: 3
    Ah, that would make sense, I don’t suppose that there is anything I can do about it then is there?
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    @Gate70 What can you tell us about this issue?
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    I don't have SoD on iOS so this would need to be checked by e.g. @Illydth but if SoD is v2.5.13 it should be able to import.

As you also exported to email could you select the export file there and open with SoD. Does it then appear in SoD if you use Single Player -> Import Game. If not, attach the bg1save file here (may need to rename to zip) and I'll import on PC and return a starting save for you.

Thanks
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,356
    @5kullduggery
    Which version is your SoD app? There was a hotfix for the first version in the app store:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/965633/#Comment_965633
  • 5kullduggery5kullduggery Member Posts: 3
    I exported the Save to mail and then opened it in SoD and that worked! thanks for the help everyone!