Skip to content

April 13 Livestream Recap

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
Greetings!

Enjoy the recap of today's stream.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/04/april-13-livestream-recap.html
AedanStummvonBordwehrSssiksseilorAerakarmashedtaters

Comments

• MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    @JuliusBorisov - could you please post a corresponding list for BGIIEE as well?
    /J
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited April 2018
    Sure!
    But for that we first need a build that will be released as the next beta patch :)
    StummvonBordwehr
  • Eternal_CrusaderEternal_Crusader Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2018
    I just finished SoD. I feel kinda down that none of what I did there really matters. I romanced Corwin and feel really shite that I will not see her again after all that.
    She survived in my run and told me that she had to give up and accept it. I would really like the chance to continue with her.

Is there any chance you guys are going to expand BG2 more? Maybe letting us continue with the characters you added in SoD? I'm sure you have read many fans' thoughts on how you could meet them again and it seems plenty possible. Also, the SoulTaker plot line... I really have unfinished business there.
    MrSexton
  • MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813
    Yeah, Beamdog made DLC to fill in the blanks between BG1 and BG2 and somehow created completely unnecessary plot holes in the process. I would call it "ironic", but "lame" is much more appropriate word.

First rule of making interquels should be "do not ef up the continuity". The second one should be "do not ef up the continuity".
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    Mirak said:

Yeah, Beamdog made DLC to fill in the blanks between BG1 and BG2 and somehow created completely unnecessary plot holes in the process. I would call it "ironic", but "lame" is much more appropriate word.

First rule of making interquels should be "do not ef up the continuity". The second one should be "do not ef up the continuity".

Well thats an opinion.

While I fully support the closing of plotholes - its only because it would add more content. I really like SoD, bit it left longing for more from Beamdog. I would like to see more content from BD and I will gladly pay
    ThacoBellSssiksseilor
    edited April 2018
    SoD created plot holes. Not an opinion. A fact.

My opinion is that SoD would work just fine even without the
    shoehorned assasination plot of Skie. There's a lot like about SoD, but the ending kinda spoiled it for me.
    Post edited by MiraStastny on
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Folks - could you try to avoid posting spoilers to a different game than the thread title without spoiler tags? Some of us are still waiting for SoD to come to our platform, and while it is getting harder and takes effort to avoid spoilers, it mostly consists of avoiding the SoD forum and hoping that threads with spoiler titles don't hit the Recent Discussions page. Spoilers in non-SoD threads can hit before we put up defenses though.

(This goes for other game in the series too, of course, but some of us really have not yet had the chance to play SoD, rather than ignoring a long available opportunity.)
    JuliusBorisovThacoBell

Folks - could you try to avoid posting spoilers to a different game than the thread title without spoiler tags?

My apologies.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @GreenWarlock Hopefully you weren't THAT spoiled. If anything, that comment didn't reveal any details and/or didn't involve the main SoD plot.
    ThacoBellStummvonBordwehr
    Mirak said:

shoehorned assasination plot of Skie. There's a lot like about SoD, but the ending kinda spoiled it for me.
    I will meet you half way - let Beamdog fill some plotholes, and let us all enjoy more on the BG saga from Beamdog.

Imho the ToB story could also be expanded while we are at it... in so many words: more content please.
    MrSexton
  • ClubbothClubboth Member Posts: 60
    Is the computer used to show Planescape: Torment the only one at Beamdog with Intel graphics, they were talking about?

Mirak said:

I will meet you half way - let Beamdog fill some plotholes, and let us all enjoy more on the BG saga from Beamdog.

Imho the ToB story could also be expanded while we are at it... in so many words: more content please.
    I think that the perfect platform for Beamdog DLCs is IWD1. They could do whatever story they want and they wouldn't be limited by continuity.

As much as I like most of the SoD, I'd rather see clean ending. Finishing up with Caelar's crusade - the end. And they could still make another DLC for BG2 without any ties to SoD. Creating unresolved storylines seems pretty unfair to me.
    StummvonBordwehrtbone1
    edited April 2018
    Mirak said:

Mirak said:

I think that the perfect platform for Beamdog DLCs is IWD1. They could do whatever story they want and they wouldn't be limited by continuity.

As much as I like most of the SoD, I'd rather see clean ending. Finishing up with Caelar's crusade - the end. And they could still make another DLC for BG2 without any ties to SoD. Creating unresolved storylines seems pretty unfair to me.
    I see your point. The unresolved business has always been adresses by the modding community - that is why I prefer a story with something to work on, instead of perma sealed story.

Since BD has done so well (and still are around), I would like to see more from their hands - an IWD expansion sounds cool btw, but I sincerly hope that we are going to see more from BD.
    Post edited by StummvonBordwehr on
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    on a meta level, not referring to this specific case:
    while it bugs my completionist drive, i think that some open ends in such game add to the impression of openness. if everything is completable, if everything is resolved, it somewhat feels like a checklist to work through.
    and adding some quest that lives completely in a pocket without connection to other quests or the main story line also does not feel right to me – so adding just-another-excursion to icewind dale ... i'd play it because it's IE, but i'm totally sure in advance that it won't blow my mind.
    StummvonBordwehr
    Sure, if it's developers' purpose to leave some stories open ended or leave some NPC's fate hanging in the balance, then by all means.

SoD is not such a case.
    ThacoBell