Skip to content

Where is placeables.2DA?

Hey guys, got a small problem here.
Returning to PW development after a 15 year break (yikes!) I notice there are many new standard placeables in the game nowadays.
When I built my hakpaks back in the days, I included a modified placeables.2DA file where I simply added my own models at the end of Bioware's list.
So, of course, I don't have access to the new placeables since mine override them.
My question is twofold:
1° Where can I find the current placeables.2DA file so I can work from there?
2° If I add my own models list at the end of that current placeables.2DA list, all my old placeables in my modules will now have random appearences which I can fix easily by changing the blueprints appearance and update all areas, is that correct?

Cheers

Comments

• AtrophiedericAtrophiederic Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 147
    edited April 2018
    Well, friend @Japualtah , welcome to the Beamdog forums! It's great to be back in the game, isn't it? :smile:

As far as the 2das go, maybe these Vault links will help?
    Bioware 1.69 -scripts & 2da files
    NwN1 Standard Assets
    NwN: Hordes of the Underdark 1.69 full 2da source
    I'm still relatively new to this end of the custom content spectrum, but these might be good places to start, yes?
  • JFKJFK Member Posts: 214
    In the case of NWN:EE, I think they're in your Beamdog Library installation folder, in data, in a .bif file named base_2da.bif. Try res_499.2da for placeables? Make sure, obviously, you copy to a new location to play around so you don't muck up the real installation.
    But, if you're planning on using other custom content in addition to your own stuff, I'd probably get that CC first, because they'll have an updated .2da already, and you can add your stuff to that .2da instead.

Lot's of custom content here:

https://neverwintervault.org/

-JFK
  • JapualtahJapualtah Member Posts: 165
    Thx guys, got it.
    Now going to figure out how to retrieve my custom shields, doesn't look as easy as placeables.

Cheers