Skip to content

BG 2: EE SoA, need help with exporting and importing characters between games save files

Hello friends,

I don't know if its possible but i have been having a lot of trouble with this. Is it possible to transfer characters between two multiplayer games ? My friends have started two different games, 4 people in one game and 2 people in another one. We would like to join these groups as we are pretty much in the same place in the game. We would like to avoid starting a new game altogether as its hard for us all to gather as it is at the same time. Please, is there a way to transfer mutliplayer characters from two different games into one game ? If so, please teach me.

Talking about Baldur's Gate 2: SoA EE

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Hello!

Yes, it should be possible.
    First, while in-game, export characters via the Record Screen - Export.
    This way you'll have 2 character files created in your Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\characters folder.
    You can then, when joining another MP game, on the character arbitration screen, create new characters, and use Import (choosing those 2 files, i.e. characters).

Have fun playing BG in MP!
  • WinterStormyWinterStormy Member Posts: 2
    Thank you friend, you have greatly helped me. Consider this topic closed.