Skip to content

Patch notes of the BGII:EE patch beta update

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
It's time for more ... experiments! The beta of the 2.5 patch for Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition has just received a new build.

Enjoy your journey in Amn with Simplified Chinese, Korean, Russian and Polish translations, as well as German, Italian and Polish V/O!

The new update is already available in the Beamdog Client, on Steam and on Google Play.

Check out the full list of new features and bug fixes here - http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/05/baldurs-gate-ii-enhanced-edition-25.html
StummvonBordwehrCahirlefreutBubbargent77rede9hook71AedanAerakarStarflower2525lolien

Comments

• c4_angelc4_angel Member Posts: 35
    Great News!
    JuliusBorisov
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    Last beta before the release or do you plan to publish new builds? Also will we get a SoD beta?
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I don't think new builds are planned, but this is probably a question for the livestream.

A SoD public beta - again, there're no plans for it. The game is out on Android and iOS with 2.5 functionality + tickets are being worked on internally.
    lefreut
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 244

I don't think new builds are planned, but this is probably a question for the livestream.

A SoD public beta - again, there're no plans for it. The game is out on Android and iOS with 2.5 functionality + tickets are being worked on internally.

What about a PC build that makes the latest BGEE and SoD compatible?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    I see that EE-specific sound files are still in poor quality (see report). Any plans to restore the high quality version in the final patch?
    AedanJuliusBorisovgugulug5000
  • junyangchejunyangche Member Posts: 32
    The Chinese font of the game is too too too big, no matter how I adjust it.
  • berbelberbel Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2018
    It there a plan to release beta patch for GoG version?

[Edit] or maybe it can be installed manually in some way?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

The Chinese font of the game is too too too big, no matter how I adjust it.

@junyangche
    Hello! Can you please report via a ticket on support.baldursgate.com, attaching screenshots and explaining where the font is too big for you (and on which platform, with which font settings etc).

@berbel The beta is not available for GOG.

@Mothor It will have to wait for the non-beta patch release, I think
    argent77 said:

I see that EE-specific sound files are still in poor quality (see report). Any plans to restore the high quality version in the final patch?

I'll follow up, thanks.
    lolien
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited May 2018

After 2.5 releases I hope Beamdog will release quickly hotfixes dealing with V/O errors players are discovering meanwhile.
    Hmm, I don't think there will be quick "hotfixes".

"2.5 patches are not last updates for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition. However, any further patch will take time." http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/05/may-11-livestream-recap.html
    StummvonBordwehr
  • legotaksinlegotaksin Member Posts: 65
    is map & game lagging problem being solved?
    when i play iwd ee android, i reported it before.
    (android iwdee bg2ee both happen)
    (before checking map menu, game is slow and after checking map menu, game speed is normal)

the reason which i ask is that problem happen again in 2.5.16.4. :(
    This is a known issue, and is being worked on. However, an additional report on support.baldursgate.com mentioning the problem happens in the current beta + information about your device&OS would help!
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    The Manley's portraits are missing (the files are still there but they no longer appear in game).

These lines where removed from BGEE.lua:
    	{'MANLEY0', 1},
    	{'MANLEY3', 1},
    	{'MANLEY6', 1},
    	{'MANLEY7', 1},
    	{'MANLEY8', 1},
    	{'MANLEY9', 1},
    	{'MANLEY1', 2},
    	{'MANLEY2', 2},
    	{'MANLEY4', 2},
    	{'MANLEY5', 2},
    	{'MANLEYX', 2},
    AedanJuliusBorisovlolien
    Thanks for finding this issue. Please, report it.
    lolien
  • TomHTomH Member Posts: 5
    Simplified Chinese is added in 2.5 patch bata. Will you add Traditional Chinese support in official 2.5 patch or you have any plan for the Traditional Chinese support? Thanks.
    @TomH Thanks for your question!

There're no plans for it regarding the 2.5 patch.
  • c4_angelc4_angel Member Posts: 35
    TomH said:

Simplified Chinese is added in 2.5 patch bata. Will you add Traditional Chinese support in official 2.5 patch or you have any plan for the Traditional Chinese support? Thanks.

You may contact us via a post at trow.cc - BG board. I don't think it could be too difficult to convert simplified strings to traditional one. I am the action moderator of the Chinese localization group.
    請到trow.cc博德之門版塊聯繫我們。——漢化組