Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

If my Fighter uses a non-druid weapon before dualling, will I be able to use it again after?

I was going to dual my fighter to druid at 14, would I be able to use flails again once he reaches druid level 15?

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 3,244
  • The_Epic_MasterThe_Epic_Master Member Posts: 5
    Grond0 said:

I'm afraid not.

Well theres no point then. I guess I'll start over ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

StummvonBordwehr
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 843

Grond0 said:

I'm afraid not.

@The_Epic_Master No need to start over. Just edit your weapon proficiency points using EEKeeper. ;)

JuliusBorisovronaldo
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 1,561
    @Rik_Kirtaniya
    I thought that flails were prohibited weapons to druids? Am I missing something?

@The_Epic_Master
    If you want to open up the number of weapons a multi or dual class druid can use, you can always use the Tweaks Anothology mod.

• Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 843
    edited May 23

@Rik_Kirtaniya
    I thought that flails were prohibited weapons to druids? Am I missing something?

@mashedtaters Of course, flails are prohibited to druids. What I meant is that the OP can use EEKeeper and remove their fighter's proficiency points in flails, and replace that with something that druids can use (like daggers or spears). :)

mashedtatersJuliusBorisov
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 1,561

@Rik_Kirtaniya

@mashedtaters Of course, flails are prohibited to druids. What I meant is that the OP can use EEKeeper and remove their fighter's proficiency points in flails, and replace that with something that druids can use (like daggers or spears). :)
    Ok, gotcha. Thanks for clarifying!

Rik_KirtaniyaJuliusBorisov
    ineth said:

In general:

• Weapon restrictions that are based on the class'es "ethos" (e.g. only blunt weapons for Clerics, only druidic weapons for Druids) remain even when multi- or dual-classing with Fighter.
      • e.g. a Fighter->Druid can still only use druidic weapons.
    • Weapon restrictions that are explained by the class simply focusing too much on non-weapon skills to have the time to train with heavy weapons (e.g. Mage) are lifted when multi- or dual-classing with Fighter.
      • e.g. a Fighter->Mage can use all weapons, not just Mage weapons.
    • To make things more confusing, armor restrictions are always lifted when multi- or dual-classing with Fighter - even when one would have thought that the restriction was ethos-based (like Druids not wearing metal armor).
      • e.g. both a Fighter->Druid and Fighter->Mage can wear all armor types.
        (Of course, the restriction that Mage spellcasting is generally only possible while not wearing armor, remains.)
    EDIT: fixed typo
    I knew most of that in terms of multi-class but it's my first time ever messing around with dual-classing so I wasn't sure if it was different. I've been playing this game for several years.

ineth said:

In general:

• Weapon restrictions that are based on the class'es "ethos" (e.g. only blunt weapons for Clerics, only druidic weapons for Druids) remain even when multi- or dual-classing with Fighter.
    • Weapon restrictions that are explained by the class simply focusing too much on non-weapon skills to have the time to train with heavy weapons (e.g. Mage) are lifted when multi- or dual-classing with Fighter.
    • To make things more confusing, armor restrictions are always lifted when multi- or dual-classing with Fighter - even when one would have thought that the restriction was ethos-based (like Druids not wearing metal armor).
        (Of course, the restriction that Mage spellcasting is generally only possible while not wearing armor, remains.)
    Unless you get that sweet armor from the Hand.

Grond0 said:

I'm afraid not.

@The_Epic_Master No need to start over. Just edit your weapon proficiency points using EEKeeper. ;)
    I could use EEkeeper and I'm familiar with doing so but I only got to level 10 and I was at the Vale (heart of fury) and I like playing through the game so I really don't mind.

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 2,399
    ineth said:

In general:

To make things even more more confusing, if you dual into thief from fighter you can keep all of your proficiencies even if they're not weapons a thief can use. You can't backstab with them though. Obviously its much easier to back'stab'with a quarterstaff than with a spear...