Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Spell revisions & IWDEE 2.5.16.3

ArizaelArizael Member Posts: 263
edited May 2018 in General Modding
I need help. I´ve been trying to install Spell revisions on the newest IWD patch (GOG version) to no avail. Yes I am indeed aware, that SR is not IWD compatibile, but i do know that multiple people, notably @subtledoctor managed to get the main component running just fine. In fact I have just successfully installed few components from Item revisions without issue.

The installation gives me the following error:

FAILURE:
ERROR: CLONE_EFFECT does not support file type SPL
ERROR: [#BONECIR.SPL] -> [override/#BONECIR.SPL] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("ERROR: CLONE_EFFECT does not support file type SPL\003"))

I am no expert, but I suspect that this might be issue with the newest patch. Anybody knows possible workaround ?
Edit: I am trying to install spell revisions v4beta15
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #170 // Unique Icons: v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #182 // Unique Containers -> Unique icons and names: v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #190 // Use Character Colors Instead of Item Colors -> For all shields and helmets: v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Remove Blur Effect from Items, e.g. Cloack of Displacement: v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // Separate Resist Fire/Cold Icon into Separate Icons (Angel): v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Reveal City Maps When Entering Area: v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1142 // Gems and Potions Require Identification -> Just potions: v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1290 // NPCs respond to the main character, not to whichever character talks to them: v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2152 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> Allow Armor Plus One Protection Item (Angel): v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level: v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2191 // Limit Ability of Storekeepers to Identify Items -> Identification Ability is Based on Storekeeper's Lore: v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2510 // Level-Lock Spell Scrolls (Angel): v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells: v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation: v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3198 // Alter Hostile Rest Spawns -> Quadruple frequency: v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3280 // Give Every Class/Kit Four Weapon Slots: v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs: v4
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Icewind Dale NPCs: v6
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // Alternate class for Holvir, IWD-in-BG2 -> Holvir, cavalier: v6
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // Alternate class for Korin, IWD-in-BG2 -> Korin, multiclass cleric/ranger: v6
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #24 // Alternate class for Severn, IWD-in-BG2 -> Severn, skald: v6
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1200 // Revised Critical Hit Aversion: V4 Beta 10
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised Shield Bonuses: V4 Beta 10
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #17 // Weapon Changes: V4 Beta 10
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Enchantment Doesn't Affect Speed Factor of Weapons: V4 Beta 10
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #11 // Dual Wielding Changes for Light and Heavy Weapons: V4 Beta 10

Comments

• subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 11,468
    It involves a lot of patches.

Separately, I've got a workaround for the dumb #bonecir.spl errors, but I haven't fully integrated it into my custom SR install...

• ArizaelArizael Member Posts: 263
    So I fired up NI, looked up #bonecir.spl and fixed it´s signature. SR than installs without errors. Any idea if the signature was different intentionally or if it was simply bugged ?

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,137
    Arizael said:

So I fired up NI, looked up #bonecir.spl and fixed it´s signature. SR than installs without errors. Any idea if the signature was different intentionally or if it was simply bugged ?

It crashes the game if cast with the invalid signature, so I'd wager bug.

• subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 11,468
    Okay I forked it and made a few patches. You can try it here.

This is pretty experimental, I only tested for a successful install. Though I have played through v1.4 with most of these changes, so it's probably okay.

Note, in a few places there are collisions between SR spells and IWD spells, since SR overwrites files with SPPR numbers starting from where the BG2 numbers end, but IWD has more spells than BG2 and is already using those numbers. (This is not a problem with BG2+IWDification, since IWDification is meant to be installed after SR, and uses ADD_SPELL, and thus uses higher numbers than SR. Installing SRv4 on IWDEE is more or less akin to installing SR and IWDification in the wrong order.)

In other words, this necessarily involves a few compromises. Resist Fire/Cold gets overwritten by Fire Trap; SR Storm Shield does not get installed, because it would overwrite Moonblade and I love Moonblade. Et cetera. You get the idea. I try to make sure you don't get duplicate Sunscorches or stuff like that - where possible, SR gets preference - and I try to make sure that the best spells from each make it into the game. But in one or two places I had to make a judgment call. (Literally just one or two places, though.)

Arizael
  • ArizaelArizael Member Posts: 263
    You are golden, thank you. Now next step, figuring out Faith and Powers parsing error :D