Skip to content

HD 620 on Acer & NWN:EE

BaldgeekBaldgeek Member Posts: 29
edited May 2018 in Technical Support
With all the press out about the potential issues surrounding the Intel graphics and the EE I have seen many of these issues relating to certain chips, but not specifically the one I use, on various forum sites ... that being said has any one successfully played with the HD Intel 620? That's the one I have on an Acer E 15, or is It all Intel chips in general having the crashing issue?

I appreciate the heads up one way or the other.

Cheers!
Post edited by Baldgeek on

Comments

• BaldgeekBaldgeek Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2018
    Well the uncertainty leaves me no choice but to get the 'ol Diamond Edition of NWN spinning and throw in a dash of crit rebuild 1.69 and make a run through the OC and Expansions ... by then I have a sneaking suspicion, as with the original release 14ish years ago, all will be ironed out with time ;)
  • tfoxtfox Member Posts: 87
    I don't know if it affects all intel based iGPU's or just the majority of them so I cannot answer if your particular iGPU will work or not. I do know that the issue itself hasn't been resolved as of the latest development build which is suppose to be a release candidate for the next stable build unless something big goes wrong in testing. It has a specific mention that it is a known issue and they're working alongside intel to track down the crashes and performance issues, but it's had that note for the last two or so development builds as far as I'm aware, hopefully they've nearly resolved the issue but nobody that I'm aware of has been given an update on the matter.

"We are working with Intel engineers to track down the crash and performance issues we’re seeing on Intel HD GPUs."

Current development build patch notes can be seen at https://steamcommunity.com/games/704450/announcements/detail/1654389315593140136
    BaldgeekJuliusBorisov
  • BaldgeekBaldgeek Member Posts: 29
    edited July 2018
    Looks like there's a fix!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Happy Dance*
    Anyone test the HD 620 yet by chance?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    You should try it yourself. Please, do, and report back.