Skip to content

NWN:EE and MAC OS X and Graphics Glitches

RoarthingRoarthing Member Posts: 3
edited May 2018 in Technical Support
Hi all,

Have finally switched over to EE from GOG's Diamond.

I tried playing a couple of Servers last night, and played an offline module, and it seems some textures are not showing at all. I.e. Certain Robes, Cloaks, Torsos. They are just invisible - creating floating heads and arms etc.

I opened the EE on my Windows Virtual Drive, and the same textures were visable.

Obviously answer may be to play EE on Windows, but that's not ideal, and it's quite choppy as it's running on Vista.

Im running El Capitan 10.11.6
Macbook Pro Mid 2014
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB
16 GB RAM
2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

Should I update to Sierra? Is that the (other) obvious answer?

Many thanks,

Post edited by Roarthing on

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Are you sure you run the same version of EE on Mac and Windows Virtual Drive (and one of them is not actually the development build (beta) of the next patch)?
  • nivniv Member, Moderator, Developer Posts: 410
    Hi @Roarthing,

this is a known NVIDIA driver issue. Unfortunately, Apple won't update drivers on old systems like El Cap.

Your only choices are to either run the NVIDIA web drivers, or upgrade to High/Sierra.
  • SherincallSherincall Member Posts: 387
    niv said:

Hi @Roarthing,

this is a known NVIDIA driver issue. Unfortunately, Apple won't update drivers on old systems like El Cap.

Your only choices are to either run the NVIDIA web drivers, or upgrade to High/Sierra.

Really? If you're thinking about the 1.69 bug, I don't think it ever applied to EE, since it uses a different render path. Unless EE on Mac does something ultra weird.

If it is that bug, you could also downgrade the drivers. @Roarthing can you check which version of NVIDIA driver you have installed?
  • nivniv Member, Moderator, Developer Posts: 410
    Well, I've seen other reports where El Capitan failed to render NWN:EE properly, and upgrading to Sierra/High Sierra fixed it. I don't know what the underlying cause in the driver is.