Skip to content

[Request] Party Leader Speaks for Party

2»

Comments

• AsmodiasAsmodias Member Posts: 22
    I enjoy them conversing with others for the most part, gives other characters life and makes them seem less like pawns and more like people.
    Except for when Imoen says she is the adventurer Asmodias Maar.
    That's bloody creepy.
  • MehkelMehkel Member Posts: 1
    To ensure that the game is both realistic and convenient, I think that if someone talks to you from a distance, e.g. a challenge, etc., then it automatically has CHARNAME reply, as they are the one who set up the party and the one whom leads it.
    However, if an NPC actually goes right to one of your characters to talk to them then they should refer to that character as being in the party of CHARNAME (unless it is CHARNAME), while talking to that same character about their problem, etc.
  • HeadbombHeadbomb Member Posts: 213
    Not really sure this is doable as a "feature" but it probably happens more often than it would for a regular "bug" entry.

For instance, I'm currently "exploring" Candlekeep with Imoen alone. I talked to Ulraunt on the six floor, who said "What brings thee here, child of Gorion? [...]". Except Imoen isn't, at least to my knowledge, Gorion's child. That piece of dialogue refers to the PC, which isn't here at all...

Ideas? Comments?
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    That's definitely a possible feature to include. In BG2 there are characters that react differently depending on who they are speaking to. For example, there are characters who speak rudely to Viconia because she is a Drow, but are polite to other characters.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Merged very similar requests.
  • escagirlukescagirluk Member Posts: 21
    This does sound like quite a silly problem. I'll have to see for myself when I finally get the game for christmas.