Skip to content

The Name of the Game

2»

Comments

• fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    Balder was the god of light, joy, purity, and the summer sun. Loki gave his (Balder's) blind brother Hodr (god of darkness and winter) a shaft of mistletoe, when all the gods were throwing weapons at Balder, who was indestructible. The shaft pierced his body and killed him. Hermod the brave, rode to Hel to bring back Balder. Hel said she'd release him only if every object alive and dead wept for him. But Throkk giantess (underground fire) didn't mourn and so Balder had to stay in Hel until after Ragnorak.

In other words... A huge vulcanic eruption blocked out the sky and cast winter over the lands for years. The warrior spirit of mankind endured, waiting for summer to return. All objects need (wept) sunlight... except Throkk... Lava, which has it's own light. Even during Balder's funeral, Thor kicked a dwarf into the funeral fire... The dwarf is named Litr after colour, was making screaming noises... Another reference to the early stages of vulcanic eruption when tremors proceed an eruption and particles of dust and ash turn the sky red.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    After my first few attempts of playing the game back in the day, I would have suggested the following as titles...

1) Death Wolves of Candlekeep
    2) Gorion's Death Bolt
    3) My Annoying Kid Sister
    and lastly,
    4) What the Hell is a Gibberling?
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    The epic adventures of Minsc and Boo, and their sidekick Gorion's ward
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    The Doomed Adventures of Xan
    So doomed, he wasn’t in the sequel