Skip to content

I want to: BWS and EET on an android tablet.

OjackOjack Member Posts: 3
Hi everyone, even if this is possible, I know it would be a ton of work. I have a lot of modding experience in other games, and I have modded BWS and EET on my pc.

But, I would like to move this game to an android tablet for the portability. Is this possible, is there a way to get the help of a developer, even if they have ideas on how to start? I did find a thread about individual mods, but this is much bigger. Thanks for any help you can give.

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Paging Android-master @Gusinda.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • OjackOjack Member Posts: 3
    @Doubledimas and @Gusinda couldn't I use a tablet that natively ran windows?? Like a surface pro, acer switch 3, or galaxy tab pro s?
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited June 2018
    @Ojack, EET wouldn't work on an Android device (due to the locations/paths of the games) but you are good to go for the Windows based tablet. I would recommend on installing away from its defaults; ie: install into C:\Games instead of .\Program Files. I can't validate it as I have never tried it but I think you may end up with some permission based problems.

I went from an Android Tab S to a Windows based Tablet (HP Omni 10 using Windows 8 and Windows 10) then a Hybrid (Lenova Yoga 720, Windows 10). I do have a keyboard (also used a Bluetooth Keyboard with the Tab S and Omni HP though) for various times of playing but if I am lying in bed or just sitting on the lounge, and for out adventuring, it is normally in tablet mode only.

I have never used BWS, but I can't see it not working (it is just Windows after all and the software keyboard pops up when required). I have also run EET just to see what it is like but prefer the individual games. All three Tablets you mentioned have access to an external keyboard for those times when you may need it for whatever reason...

Hope that helps
    Gus

Edit: @Doubledimas, thank you for the compliment. Not sure I could be called a Master though, perhaps just an enthusiast...

• OjackOjack Member Posts: 3
    @Gusinda last question, I'm assuming on each of your tablets BG EE runs fine, would you imagine Bws has additional minimum specs? I couldn't find anything like that. My guess is that the specs would be the same for a fully modded bg as a vanilla bg.

I'm trying to narrow down a price point for a tablet.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Ojack, yeah, no problems in running BG1EE, BG2EE IWDEE and PSTEE on any of those machine. The HP Omni 10 was an Atom processor (Z3770) with 2 GB RAM and still had no problems.

I would suggest that BWS (since it is only a mod manager) wouldn't have any additional spec requirements, particilarly if you are getting something that has a minimum of 4GB RAM. These days, I am guessing that you are going for something that has 8GB though...

Gus