Skip to content

Making my own maps Bg1 Win7

So want to make my own map for a scenario, how would I go about doing that? I have a .bmp image of the map I want, but I need to convert it to a .wmp file. I tried opening the file in notepad and saving the file as WorldMap.WMP and copying it to the game's override folder, but when I tried to make a new game, the game didn't load. I then tried the same thing, but I put the game in small screen with Alt+Enter, as this stopped a similar problem with starting a multiplayer game in unmodded bg1. Any ideas or surefire solutions?

P.S. For editing I am using DLTCEP, as I could not get any other editors to work. I am editing a backup in My Documents.

Comments

• Peter_PaladinPeter_Paladin Member Posts: 15
    edited June 2018
    That was very helpful, but it doesn't solve my current problem. that tutorial was on making an aria map. What I'm trying to do is make a new worldmap. The one you use to move to a new area. I believe I did specify that I wanted a new WorldMap.WMP file, not .ARE area file.

P.S. Thank you for giving me a link to that page, though it doesn't help me now, it will be invaluable in making the scenario that I am trying to make.
  • MateoFrozenMateoFrozen Member Posts: 82
    Ah sorry i was really late.
    Are you familiar with this http://www.shsforums.net/forum/401-worldmap/ there could be some info you looking. Also user K4thos is workin on EET map here http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27749 i see some more his post about map making so try your luck.
    Okay, I looked at that, and from that, and a bit of testing, I found that I can open my bitmap file in DLTCEP and make it a .mos image file. But to make a new worldmap file, I need it in a different path. Right now it is in my override folder, but the editor won't see it when I try to open a .mos file for the worldmap. The file name is eight characters long. Where should I put it? Sorry if its obvious and I'm just being stupid. This wouldn't be the first time.
  • MateoFrozenMateoFrozen Member Posts: 82
    You also could try contact LavaDelVortel he made some mods with new areas. If you use @ before his name he gets notification, or pm him.
    Hey, @LavaDelVortel, how can I edit how the WorldMap.wmp file to make it look like a .bam image file?
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,700
    Sorry, but I have no idea. I only added new areas to existing maps. From what I know, .wmp isn't a graphic file, but a file with date about what is where on the map. The true map is in the mos that is "bound" with the wmp. I think there may be some other file that says what campaign uses what map. SoD had campaign.2da which included info on where the worldmap, worldmap script etc. Where it is in other games... I have no idea. I'm mostly guessing here.
    Actually, I just found out. you need to open the worldmap file and have your image in the override folder. thanks for all the support you people gave, or tried to give me. (BTW, in case you're curious, the mod I am making is a Hyperdimension Neptunia mod. I have my reasons.)