Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

How to create a custom Races and Classes

With Patch 1.75 new races could be added to a list in the same way new classes could be added. This is great news allowing people like me to start building the game I want. For the past few hours I have been searching on the forums for the How-to-guide of doing this. Sadly I haven’t even found the patch notes.

One of my professors taught me there are many right ways to code things. So I am asking for the community to add to my knowledge in helping me (and others like me) in creating a simple to follow guide for adding new classes and races.

In another post a kind user provided the PDF which showed what was in the 2DA. I would request that such is taken a step further. For example:

1) Download X from _______.

2) Open up the 2da which default location is X.

From there explain the terms, show a sample class, mention if creating new spells list (such as merging arcane and spell caster or adding a new domain) is possible. Finally how to add it to a module.
Yes this would be some work and if I knew how to do it I would. I don’t so I ask one of you who are more knowledgeable to create such a guide for me and others such as myself who would love to be able to do such.

Comments