Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Weapon icons on portraits and captions in cutscenes

Hi! Very different issues, but I'm unsure how to resolve them.

Does anyone else have a fist, sword, mace, etc HUGE over their character portrait in the main game interface? Is this part of the EE or did I inflict it on myself with a tweak? <.< If it's part of EE, how do I get rid of it?

Same question with the ever-present captioning over the heads of Irenicus and Imoen, e.g., in the wizard fight outside the dungeon -- and at the very beginning. "It's time for more... experiments." O.o I can hear them fine. The captions above their heads just clutter up the interface. They're part of the original game, I know, but is there a way to remove them? Mod or something?

Thanks a lot!

Lizzie

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 2,514
    Never got those issues and never heard about it. Some people had a similar complaint about the Chinese translation, but that's it.

Do you have a screenshot?

Lizziemander
  • LizziemanderLizziemander Member Posts: 2
    I managed to fix it! In the G3 Tweak Anthology there are a couple of tweaks that take care of both (well, one partially.) First, I think the setting is something like, "Prevent Equipped Item Icons on Character Portraits" or something similar. Solved the fist/sword/bow obliterating the pretty character pics <.< (I like my character pics...)

The other tweak was "shorter cut scenes/dreams" which, while it doesn't help with the captions over their heads, it at least makes them amusing and does cut down the cut-scene time considerably (for those of us playing through our 100th time or so!)

I wasn't really grokking the meaning of some of the tweaks (like the Prevent Equipped Items etc) I thought that would take away magical effect icons (the little bitty ones) but it doesn't. The G3 page for the mod breaks every option down very clearly, though, so once I found that, I was good to go.

Thanks so much for answering!

Lizzie

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 2,514
    You're welcome.

If I may make you a suggestion, address this problem at the Troubleshooting section. For what I was able to understand, you didn't solve the issue, just made it disappear.

Gusinda