Skip to content

TOEE help

ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
What's the best alignment and party build for Temple of Elemental Evil?

Comments

• jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850

The opening scene is dictated by it and I think it also applies to the quests and NPC reactions in Hommlet. I don't know if there is any difference once you head inside.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428

The opening scene is dictated by it and I think it also applies to the quests and NPC reactions in Hommlet. I don't know if there is any difference once you head inside.
    And the party build? What classes should i pick for my team?
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,078
    I recommend choosing a wizard over a sorcerer. Getting Fireball one level earlier is great, and wizards get more feats (there are plenty of good spellcasting feats in the game).

Don't use a rogue. Believe it or not, there are almost no traps in the game, and most locked containers don't contain anything special.

Clerics and druids are great. They have a lot of good buffing spells.

One word of advice about ToEE's combat: there are a lot of enemies in the game with really high AC. In the first level in the game, you encounter gnolls with 19 AC (as in, a group of basic gnolls, each of whom has that AC). Even a minmaxed warrior is going to miss enemies a lot.
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    edited June 2018
    Oh, and be sure to at least be running the game with the Temple+ mod. While Circle of Eight is still an option, Temple+ actually has done far more for the stability of the game from a technical standpoint, and doesn't mess with any of the aspects of the vanilla experience unless you want to. Without it, you'll likely run into corrupted saves and glitches later in the game:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/temple1