Skip to content

New character soundsets

2»

Comments

• cattlekillercattlekiller Member Posts: 55
    I'm looking in the sounds folder and see a file to add your own sounds.It looks like it uses the BG 1 sound set format.
    Was wondering since it is suppose to be in the BG2 engine will the BG2 extra sounds play if you have a custom set that has them?Like the critical hit sound that your PC will say when he hits a critical.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    @Tanthalas Yeah, I know. I just figured all soundsets would be included in both games in the interest of consistency, so your character can retain the same voice.
  • LeroidecLeroidec Member Posts: 18

I'm looking in the sounds folder and see a file to add your own sounds.It looks like it uses the BG 1 sound set format.
    Was wondering since it is suppose to be in the BG2 engine will the BG2 extra sounds play if you have a custom set that has them?Like the critical hit sound that your PC will say when he hits a critical.

Yes, I had the same question actually - In BG1 sounds are only "XXXXXXX"+ a -> w but BG2 includes x,y,z,_ and 0 -> 9.

So I was a bit disappointed to see in the txt file folder that BG1 sounds rules would be applied. It is certainly difficult to update the old NPC's voices with BG2 standard (unless you change the original voices), but I hope that custom characters can be played with BG2 soundsets...

• SteezySteezy Member Posts: 11
    Wait... is Male1 Cam Clarke aka Liquid Snake? Sure does sound a lot like him.
  • MurrayConfederacyMurrayConfederacy Member Posts: 188
    My favourite voice set is the one where the guy says: "Ha! I'm ready for a rough an' tumble!" and "Okay! Hehehe!"
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Hah, I can't stand those voices.. but then I never really play fighter types.
  • MillardkillmooreMillardkillmoore Member Posts: 150
    Male6 is great. His cockney accent is perfect for my barbarian.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    "I'm on it like ugly on an Orc" is my favourite line. Male5 sounds like a right dandy, it is brilliant.

So male and female 5 are my favs :D
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited November 2012
    I'm not listening to anything until the game arrives! ~_o

I will resist the temptation :p
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    I'm just realising that it's actually possible to record your own sounds and use those, isn't it?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Senash Yep!

The sound sets use the BG1 format, but I can't say for sure whether they support all of the BG2 sounds as well. My inclination is to say that they will, but I haven't tested it.
    @Senash I do believe so my friend :)
    Soundsets from soundboards anyone? Arnie could be a possibility.
  • MinscandBooMinscandBoo Member Posts: 77
    Shin said:

@Tanthalas Yeah, I know. I just figured all soundsets would be included in both games in the interest of consistency, so your character can retain the same voice.

Very, very good point.
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    Well then... :) definetly not this week, but get prepated for Senash soundset(s)! As soon as I can get a decent microphone...
  • DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    so... BG2 soundsets included or not? or at least are they easy to add? I have BG2 installed on my machine, and I need my female2 from BG2, laughing in the face of the enemies when a crit occurs :D
  • AndrewRogueAndrewRogue Member Posts: 72
    Likely the old soundsets were not included for legal reasons. Without knowing the contract terms it is impossible to be sure, but that would be my immediate guess.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Well, some BG2 stuff simply isn't in BGEE. All the BG2 portraits aren't in the game either.
  • RavenXRavenX Member Posts: 86
    Am I the only one who's annoyed that they would leave out some of the original sound sets and portraits? I don't have the originals installed anymore, in fact they are packed away and would be a pain in the rear to get to. How come they wouldn't include them?
    @RavenX

All the original BG1 soundsets and portraits are in BGEE, its the BG2 soundsets and portraits that aren't there.

They'll be added to BG2EE.
    edited November 2012
    Tanthalas said:

@RavenX

All the original BG1 soundsets and portraits are in BGEE, its the BG2 soundsets and portraits that aren't there.

They'll be added to BG2EE.

Didn't someone above mention having to copy/paste some of the original sounds in?
    @RavenX

He was talking about the BG2 soundsets.
    @Tanthalas Ahh, indeed. Much appreciated.
  • TokieTokie Member Posts: 18
    Scofield said:

I like the new sounds, Mark Meer did a great job. I like the male4 soundset. @Shin What?! they have omitted some of the old sounds? But why? More choice the better.

Which one was mark meer? I thought he was playing the monk npc.

Tokie said:

Scofield said:

I like the new sounds, Mark Meer did a great job. I like the male4 soundset. @Shin What?! they have omitted some of the old sounds? But why? More choice the better.

Which one was mark meer? I thought he was playing the monk npc.

I think meer ended up voicing at least 4 npcs, possibly more. For all I know he could have done a sound set too.
  • MoosebiteMoosebite Member Posts: 1
    Male4 sounds like Buzz Lightyear a bit... pretty awesome.
  • catfishcatfish Member Posts: 31
    female4 sounds like dawn french
  • SwordsNotWordsSwordsNotWords Member Posts: 147
    After adding the new voices to my black pit party, I've warmed to them a little.
  • SwordsNotWordsSwordsNotWords Member Posts: 147
    MY SPLEEN! MY SPLEEN!