Skip to content

Edwin Has Lost His Mind

So I'm having an issue where Edwin will usually cast a defensive spell such as mirror image - and then he stops casting and walks up to every enemy trying to hit them with his hands or whatever weapon is equipped. I tried unequipping his weapon hence why he is trying to slap them. I have checked the advanced AI script to make sure he is not preferring to use melee weapons - in fact his attack with weapon is completely disabled and I have it set to use items and cast spells - but he continues to try and slap enemies. He will occasionally cast summon monster - then proceeds yet again to walk straight up to whatever baddie I am currently fighting. How do I get Edwin to realize that he is not a fighter?

Comments

• Vallic_EmeranVallic_Emeran Member Posts: 6
    I have tried not issuing an attack command at all, and allowing him to auto acquire targets and let the game decide, but it decides to cast a defensive spell then unleash the slaps of fury from a wizard with a 10 in strength.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    What is the game version? Do you use any mods?

Please, opt in the 2.5 beta to see if the behavior is the same there. http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/12/the-25-update-beta-is-here.html
  • Vallic_EmeranVallic_Emeran Member Posts: 6
    Yes the game is modded using only the most stable and debugged mods - though I believe that I fixed it by giving him a ranged weapon. He now behaves more like Aerie and uses his ranged weapon until able to cast again.