Skip to content

Any mods that affect the game's difficulty and XP bonus?

MeandreMeandre Member Posts: 38
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if there are any mods out there that will allow me to adjust the difficutly-based XP bonus?

Specifically, I would like to play on "normal" mode, but still let my party receive the XP bonus from "very hard" mode.
I know that this would make the game easier, but - coming from playing the classic HoW/IWD game - it's my favorite way to enjoy this game.
As far as party advancement is concerned, the accelerated leveling on increased diffictuly settings always hit a sweet spot for me in the classic game.

The reason that I just don't play on "very hard" is that I find wading through hordes of additionally spawned monsters to be too tedious...

So, does anyone knows any mods that a) enable the XP bonus on the "normal" difficulty setting or b) prevent additional monsters being spawned on "very hard"? :)

Comments

• VoytazVoytaz Member Posts: 26
    You can disable double damage on insane in options and still get x2 experience, but I don't know of any way to disable additional monsters.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Meandre said:

The reason that I just don't play on "very hard" is that I find wading through hordes of additionally spawned monsters to be too tedious...

Have you ever played Icewind Dale on Very Hard/Insane? If you have, I'm sorry for doubting you, but if you haven't, I recommend it. Playing on high difficulties thankfully doesn't put hordes of additional monsters into the game. It adds enemies here and there, but not to an extent that would be tedious to fight.

This is coming from someone who also likes playing the game with the additional experience on.
  • MeandreMeandre Member Posts: 38

Have you ever played Icewind Dale on Very Hard/Insane? If you have, I'm sorry for doubting you, but if you haven't, I recommend it. Playing on high difficulties thankfully doesn't put hordes of additional monsters into the game. It adds enemies here and there, but not to an extent that would be tedious to fight.

This is coming from someone who also likes playing the game with the additional experience on.

Sure I have - that's why I asked! :smile:

Okay, so maaaybe I was exaggerating a tiny bit when I referred to the additionally spawned enemies as "hordes". But yeah, I've tried it a few times and found that it makes the game a lot more tedious to play.
    Not only harder (as the "double damage" option does, because that is be alright with me) but more tedious.

Additionally, it stretches the (always very subjective) suspension of disbelief further than I like to see the already crowded dungeons overflowing with creatures. (Yes, I'm exaggerating again here to make a point. :grin: )

Taken together, the addition of more enemies simply makes the game less fun for me to play...but as I still want to enjoy it, I'm looking for ways to make it more to my liking! :smile:

So, anyone got any more ideas?
    Maybe someone can point me in the direction of some mods that alter the number of spawned enemies in ~some~ way? So that I can try to reverse-engineer how its done and make my own mod (admittedly, not very likely)?