Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Solo Sorcerer last lvl 9 Spell Pick

I am playing with scs and i am at shuagin city with my level 25 solo sorcerer. I am going to choose last 9 spell but i am a bit uncertain about what to pick. I already picked Chain Contingency, Time stop and Wish. I am considering shapechange, spellstrike, imprisonment, spell trap and power word kill.

Spell trap and power word: kill have less priority becuase staff of magi gives spell trap and power word kill is questionable how effective it is.

Spellstrike could be decent since i had to spam ruby ray revarsal to get rid of spell protections of mages.

Shapechange with mind flayer - I am not sure how many enemies can be hit by mind flayer form as i remember it hits with only +1 enchantment

Imprisonment is decent but takes away the loot and I can generally kill enemies with damage anyways.

So what do you guys think about last pick? What would you prefer?

Comments

• Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,269
    edited June 25
    I would suggest Spellstrike. It becomes a necessity later on, while the other spells are mere conveniences, and you can easily do without them. :)

The best thing about Spellstrike is that it dispels all the spell protections in one go, compared to Ruby Ray, which just dispels a single protection. Also, that would free up more of your level 7 spell slots so that you could make greater use of the power of Project Image. ;)

Enuhal
  • EnuhalEnuhal Member Posts: 406
    Yeah, spellstrike really does a lot to simplify the SCS caster battles. The only other choice I would even consider is shapechange for the mind flayer + time stop combo, but honestly, it's very situational and can be underwhelming in practice.

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 3,058
    I guess I'd go with whichever spell I feel I'd use the most. That will largely depend on your party composition. For a solo campaign I'd choose Shapechange or Imprisonment, if I had a full party I'd definitely go with Spellstrike.