Skip to content

Solo Sorcerer last lvl 9 Spell Pick

I am playing with scs and i am at shuagin city with my level 25 solo sorcerer. I am going to choose last 9 spell but i am a bit uncertain about what to pick. I already picked Chain Contingency, Time stop and Wish. I am considering shapechange, spellstrike, imprisonment, spell trap and power word kill.

Spell trap and power word: kill have less priority becuase staff of magi gives spell trap and power word kill is questionable how effective it is.

Spellstrike could be decent since i had to spam ruby ray revarsal to get rid of spell protections of mages.

Shapechange with mind flayer - I am not sure how many enemies can be hit by mind flayer form as i remember it hits with only +1 enchantment

Imprisonment is decent but takes away the loot and I can generally kill enemies with damage anyways.

So what do you guys think about last pick? What would you prefer?

Comments

• Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    edited June 2018
    I would suggest Spellstrike. It becomes a necessity later on, while the other spells are mere conveniences, and you can easily do without them. :)

The best thing about Spellstrike is that it dispels all the spell protections in one go, compared to Ruby Ray, which just dispels a single protection. Also, that would free up more of your level 7 spell slots so that you could make greater use of the power of Project Image. ;)
  • EnuhalEnuhal Member, Moderator Posts: 935
    Yeah, spellstrike really does a lot to simplify the SCS caster battles. The only other choice I would even consider is shapechange for the mind flayer + time stop combo, but honestly, it's very situational and can be underwhelming in practice.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    I guess I'd go with whichever spell I feel I'd use the most. That will largely depend on your party composition. For a solo campaign I'd choose Shapechange or Imprisonment, if I had a full party I'd definitely go with Spellstrike.