Skip to content

MegaMod 3.13: Mazzy Romance, Clara NPC, Darkside Anomen, Flying Aerie, For The Evil, & more! (DONE)

Comments

• MothorMothor Member Posts: 244
    Strange...the version available for download is the 1.039 version even though the thread says its the 1.046
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    that hexxat interaction with the good party is the most interesting to me. most people have issues with how many conflicts good npcs have with her so them heaving issues before she even joins would fix this.
    Caszidy
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    edited August 2019
    @Mothor I swear it said 1.046 last night. I wonder if it regressed on me somehow. Sometimes the post gets weird when you edit it too much.

I will try to fix it tonight. @ThacoBell - did you manage to grab the new version or was it glitched then too?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Ratatoskr Uh, let me check. Ah dang, yeah, its version 1.039. I spent 3 hours alst night modding too.
    @ThacoBell Dang, it. I'm sorry. I forgot that when I delete an attachment and then add another one, it sometimes just undeletes the first one instead. No idea why. I will make sure it gets fixed as soon as I can.

@p_zombie325 You should have the right English folder because I took that out of my new mod directly. But if you downloaded the mod as well, you'll need the newer version.
    ThacoBell
    @Ratatoskr Appreciated, but don't stress too much about it. This is just a hobby, after all. I can be patient. Would you happen to know if re-installing the new version directly over the old would be safe? I'd like to avoid restarting my mod install is possible.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    edited August 2019
    @ThacoBell I'm not sure what exactly you mean by "reinstalling directly over the old" but if you are asking whether you can just delete the old mod folder, put in the new (or merge them or whatever) and install the new version while the old one is still installed then that's a definite no (without knowing the Mazzy mod in detail).
    ThacoBell
    edited August 2019
    @jastey *edit* Actually, let me rephrase. I was thinking of re-installing the mod when the new version comes out. Usually, selecting re-install in Weidu uninstalls the mod first, before it re-intalls. So I'm not jst plopping it over the top of the old version. Its just npc mods are really early in my install order, so I don't know if doing this would cause problems with the rest of the install.
    Sorry if I sounded like I think you are a complete noob in installing mods. The problem with chosing reinstall is that you do not have time to switch the old folder with the new before weidu reinstalls the mod. You need the backup info from the old folder, but you need the files from the new version for the reinstall, if it makes sense. So unfortunately, I fear you'd need to do it manually by uninstalling, then replacing the mod folder, then installing the new version.
    ThacoBell
    @jastey Welp, alright then. Guess I could prep it now for when the new one gets re-uploaded. Thanks for the info. I'm pretty noob-ish. I've got a pretty solid understanding of install order, but that's the extent of my mod knowledge.
    edited August 2019
    Okay, folks the correct new version should posted. Sorry about that. Hope you all enjoy. I'm going to leave the old version w/ Russian up until I get the new translations so make sure you grab the one you want.

There are now several parts of this mod: MainMod, ForTheGood, and ForTheEvil. The latter two are optional and will no longer install without the main mod being present (which is a good thing, trust me) so check the main post details or the readme to see what parts you want. Clara is part of the main mod and cannot currently be installed separately.

@ThacoBell I'm afraid jastey is correct and you will need to uninstall the previous version before installing this version. Otherwise you will get a lot of glitches. That said, you do have a couple options.

1. Uninstall the old AllThingsMazzy version without uninstalling anything else and then Weidu should automatically reinstall every other mod that came afterwards. You could then install AllThingsMazzy1.046 on top. You'd just need to remember that this mod came last next time you do an uninstall. That's the quick and dirty method, but with most mod setups it shouldn't cause any issues.

2. Uninstall everything down to AllThingsMazzy manually in reverse order (as long as you uninstall from newest to oldest, I've found that uninstalling usually goes pretty fast. It's only when you mess up the order that things get complicated since Weidu installs mods in layers). Uninstall AllThingsMazzy1.039, install 1.046 and then install everything else again. That's the slower but safer method.

Either way, you will need a new save afterward.
    ThacoBell
    Yeah, I already restored my install and installed earlier mods. Hopefully this will go quicker than last night.This mod is worth the re-install.
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 244
    edited August 2019
    Pretty cool mod. :)

Btw I checked the readme and saw that this mod fixes/restores Mazzy's reaction to the PCs reputation. Is there a way to make that a selectable optional component of the mod during installation? I ask because I love running semi-puritan runs with mods that restore/fix content and would love to add this component to my Ascension/UB/Almateria Restoration runs.

Of course I'm still planning to have a separate install with all available content for this mod as well. :)
    Post edited by Mothor on
  • BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 452
    Mothor wrote: »
    Pretty cool mod. :)

Btw I checked the readme and saw that this mod fixes/restores Mazzy's reaction to the PCs reputation. Is there a way to make that a selectable optional component of the mod during installation? I ask because I love running semi-puritan runs with mods that restore/fix content and would love to add this component to my Ascension/UB/Almateria Restoration runs.

Of course I'm still planning to have a separate install with all available content for this mod as well. :)

I don't want to make that an installable component all by itself just because it tends to make installation messy to have too many. It does install as part of ForTheGood though (along with anything else that makes Mazzy upset at you).

What it did was make Mazzy go hostile to you all the time when you're rep got that low instead of some of the time (and it normally activates somewhat slowly). I can't promise that it's how the game-makers intended, they probably intended it to work like it does normally. It's just how we intended :) .
  • BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 452
    megamike15 wrote: »
    that hexxat interaction with the good party is the most interesting to me. most people have issues with how many conflicts good npcs have with her so them heaving issues before she even joins would fix this.

Yeah the whole creation of Clara was actually just a byproduct of me watching a vampire rise, kill the young woman who is a member of our party and that we have a quest to help, and everyone just going "Yeah, we're cool with that."

Mazzy wouldn't let me leave it alone and before I knew it there was playable Clara.
    Caszidymegamike15ThacoBell
    BCaesar wrote: »
    Mazzy wouldn't let me leave it alone and before I knew it there was playable Clara.
    Yes, we think we are writing the characters but in truth they are making us write them. I can imagine Mazzy's reproachful-expecting gaze " @BCaesar , this is not right. Do something about it!" I guess she didn't even have to actuall say something. :D
    CaszidyThacoBell
  • WayniacWayniac Member Posts: 132
    In regards to Clara portion:

Out of curiosity, in an effort to clear up any bugs with dead party members trying to move and such, have you considered maybe disabling the blue green portion of the light that only lets Clara pass through? I feel like it was added because Beamdog needed a way to make sure the party could only find Hexxat if Clara was in the party, but now that you’re trying to have her survive, there could be another option.

Perhaps instead of the blue and green lights they only let Clara pass, replace them with a trigger that allows you to remove her from your party before going down that hall. If you find Hexxat without Clara in your party, a new dialogue is initiated and you can kill her. As you head back, Clara then can approach you as a clear-minded person begging you to quickly shove a stake through the heart of the foul creature. Once you do, Clara is now joinable again.

You can also make the entry way to the tomb only accessible if you have Clara in your party. And you can place stakes in the first coffin you run into for the player or something.

Trying to just throw ideas for ways to cleanly implement it without having to deal with bugs or triggers. This effectively does the same thing in all other ways, but not having her in your party going into it let’s Hexxat still raise up and say something like, “Where is my lamb?! You will have to take her place!”
    @BCaesar @Ratatoskr
    Hmmm, kind fo random question, and this is defeinitely out of the scope of the current planned release. But have you guys thought about, or would consider, making Hexxat's questline available to a rescued Clara? Spoilers below:
    Hexxat being a useful agent of a powerful archlich, killing her would probably have consequences. Like if L conscripts Clara, and the party by proxy, to perform Hexxat's tasks. With L promising to spare Clara and charname if they finish Hexxat's duties. Hexxat has some of the best dungeon crawling out of all the EE content, and its a real shame that a good party has no realistic in-universe way of being able to experience it.
    Caszidy
    Okay, Russian version is up.

@Wayniac We actually found a much simpler way to fix our selection glitch for Clara. Honestly, messing with in-game cutscenes is way more than I'd want to tackle. There are too many ways that could go wrong. The entire Hexxat opening assumes that Clara's present and changing that would have massive ripple effects.

@ThacoBell I could see that being a possibility, once the major Mazzy stuff is done. Though I'll probably leave it to BCaesar to worry about the writing/actually fitting it in for the moment. I do think it's a shame that not being a terrible person - or just hating Hexxat - stops you from doing a major line of quests.
    ThacoBellCaszidy
    @Ratatoskr Realistically, yeah, it would have to be after the Mazzy stuff is done. I'm pretty much just spitballing what I think are cool ideas that are roughly linked with the work you guys have already done.
    Caszidy
    edited November 2019
    I'm posting a new version of the mod to fix a glitch with Mazzy & Viconia's first banter. If you don't plan to have both NPCs in your party or get Mazzy before Viconia, you can ignore this.

Otherwise, you'll need to uninstall the old version and get the new version. Or, if you don't want to download everything again - just uninstall, replace _bmazzygoodevil in AllThingsMazzy-scripts-goodevil with the attached file and reinstall. This only changes a script trigger, so you should be okay to reinstall on an active save, as long as this mod was installed near the end.

Alternatively, I should be able to give you a brute force console fix if anyone has hit this glitch already. It would be a stuttering problem after the first Mazzy/Viconia banter plays.

In other news, BCaesar has finally sent me back our word files so it's back in my court to actually get some coding done.
    Post edited by Ratatoskr on
    CaszidyThacoBellIsewein
    edited November 2019
    Okay, let me update my update. For some reason, the zip files are uploading/downloading a little weird. I'm not sure if it's my computer or it's Beamdog, so if you have any trouble extracting the mod now, let me know. I think it's Beamdog because older attachments seem to be fine.

IZARC seems to be working to extract files for me if all else fails. As does using Microsoft Edge instead of Mozilla. Just FYI.
    Post edited by Ratatoskr on
    ThacoBell
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    Still holding my breath and looking forward to this masterpiece to be finished :+1:
    ThacoBell
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Yup, I'm definitely adding this on my next BG2 run. I fell in love with Mazzy on my last run as-is, as she was a little tank engine that really could.
    i should have brought this up months ago but as i was not useing mazzy at the time i kept forgetting. but for the good won't install it gives me an error message.
    @megamike15

What does the error message say? I just installed the full mod on mine without issues and that should be the posted version, but it could be interacting badly with another mod.

@Caszidy

Someday. Someday this will be done. I'm hoping to get some coding done over Thanksgiving since I have no plans. But testing the entire friendship/romance is going to take awhile once I get the coding done.
    CaszidyThacoBell
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    @Ratatoskr don't need to rush anything. I have a feeling the wait will be worth it with this project :+1:
    For the good installs for me as well. So its probably a mod conflict.
    megamike15
    i feel it might be 2.0 Ascension as that has issues with older mods. whitch is odd as it's just for the good that isnt installing and that does not effect tob.
    megamike15 wrote: »
    i feel it might be 2.0 Ascension as that has issues with older mods. whitch is odd as it's just for the good that isnt installing and that does not effect tob.

I have ascenson 2.0 installed and not having the conflict. Its probably something else. Have you tried removing Imoen Romance? I recall the current maintainer mentioning that they won't do anything about mod conflicts. I had to drop it to use Faiths and Powers.
    megamike15