Skip to content

MegaMod 3.13: Mazzy Romance, Clara NPC, Darkside Anomen, Flying Aerie, For The Evil, & more! (DONE)

1383940414244»

Comments

• rossbach451rossbach451 Member Posts: 168
    BCaesar wrote: »

Yeah, all that the Prelate says is "It is good to see you again, Keldorn." That is it. I do have the stronghold mod (where NPCs can get the stronghold, right?), but I am unsure of the mod order. Thank you for tackling this, it is annoying but not a show-stopper. Thanks again!

If he talks at all that's good. I can work with that. I'm pretty sure I coded it to work if you have the Paladin stronghold too. What does the Prelate say if you talk to him with Player 1 instead of Keldorn?

I'm going to install the game and mod and open up Near Infinity and see if I can figure this out.

He says the same thing to MC as he does to Keldorn.
  • BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 454

Okay, Ratatoskr is correct. The Stronghold mod changes the Prelate's default dialogue to that, so then you can't do our responses.

A way to fix it would be to uninstall the NPC stronghold mod, then uninstall our mod, then reinstall the NPC stronghold mod, then reinstall ours. That shouldn't break anything.

As long as our mod is installed after the NPC stronghold mod, it'll find that line of dialogue, and it'll attach our responses. And that should work even with an existing save. If you do that and it still doesn't work then let us know.

Okay, Ratatoskr is correct. The Stronghold mod changes the Prelate's default dialogue to that, so then you can't do our responses.

A way to fix it would be to uninstall the NPC stronghold mod, then uninstall our mod, then reinstall the NPC stronghold mod, then reinstall ours. That shouldn't break anything.

As long as our mod is installed after the NPC stronghold mod, it'll find that line of dialogue, and it'll attach our responses. And that should work even with an existing save. If you do that and it still doesn't work then let us know.

I will try! Thanks!

Yes, it worked! Now the only other question, does the game update the quests when Wesselan tells Mazzy to rescue Imoen? There was no change to the quest log.

Regardless, thank you for all of your help!

Yes, it worked! Now the only other question, does the game update the quests when Wesselan tells Mazzy to rescue Imoen? There was no change to the quest log.

Regardless, thank you for all of your help!

Excellent.

Yes, correct, that one time there's no change to the quest log. It's a quirk of how we coded the dialogues. To put a quest update there was too difficult coding-wise. But it will update the quest when you bring her back.
  • neuroghastneuroghast Member Posts: 9
    have you guys ever thought about breaking the main component into optional parts?
    i'd love to give it a shot to jaheira-wilson romance, but i'm really not interested in clara and mazzy is not my favorite character ever to keep around, so seems like a few things could be ignored on my end

i obviously don't know if that's something interesting for you guys, but there's the suggestion. cheers!
    edited April 21
    neuroghast wrote: »
    have you guys ever thought about breaking the main component into optional parts?
    i'd love to give it a shot to jaheira-wilson romance, but i'm really not interested in clara and mazzy is not my favorite character ever to keep around, so seems like a few things could be ignored on my end

i obviously don't know if that's something interesting for you guys, but there's the suggestion. cheers!

From a coding and testing perspective it worked much better to have it all as one, and breaking it up now would require dozens and dozens of hours of new coding and testing to make sure it all worked properly, so it won't happen.

However, you can always install it and still not pick up Clara or Mazzy. Just about everything can be turned off in the in-game dialogue; like for Mazzy's recurring talks you can tell her just to be quiet. Same with any of the NPC-NPC friendships or romances, and also Aerie's wing talks. Sometimes the dialogue to turn something off doesn't show up until the 2nd or 3rd talk, but it should always be there relatively early on.