Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

We need your feedback on the new forum text editor switch.
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Slow area load times?

TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 6,827
edited July 7 in Technical Support
Earlier today my Steam picked up a new patch for the development version of NWN:EE (v76.8179). Since getting that patch, the load times for areas seems to have slowed down quite a bit. They were actually very fast (less than a second) prior to this patch, but now large areas can take up to 3-5 seconds to load up for me. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me? Does anyone know why this would be the case?

Edit: Ok... Really odd... after quitting the game for a while and starting it up again the load times seem fast as usual again... Now I don't know what to think...

Edit again: Oh, I see now. The longer a session goes on the longer it takes for areas to load. So if I start playing it will load fast at first and then inexplicably get slower and slower as I play... Is this a sign of what they call a memory leak?

Post edited by Tresset on
JuliusBorisov