Skip to content

I have 2 copies of nwn on computer, can I delete 1 copy

DwayneDwayne Member Posts: 102
I just noticed that I have copies of both nwnee and the deluxe nwnee. I originally bought nwnee and then later upgraded to the deluxe nwnee. Is it ok to just delete the original nwnee? It is listed as folder 785 and the deluxe is folder 839. Would I just delete folder 785 or would I need to remove it using the Beamdog Client?

Comments

• DwayneDwayne Member Posts: 102
    I didn't see any replies so I went ahead and used the Beamdog Client to uninstall nwnee. Everything worked out fine. I was mainly worried that it would uninstall my files in the documents area. It didn't so everything worked out. The deluxe nwnee is working fine.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Yes, this is one of the purposes to have files in the Documents, and not the game folder - so that they're not affected by patching/uninstalling NWN:EE.
  • DwayneDwayne Member Posts: 102

Yes, this is one of the purposes to have files in the Documents, and not the game folder - so that they're not affected by patching/uninstalling NWN:EE.

That is a great idea. Works well I can say. I am always worried uninstalling a game if there are files I want to keep. Beamdog did a great job doing the install the way they did. I wish every company was as careful.