Skip to content

Screen Pan/Scroll Bug. Any Advice?

SO! I screen-cast my PC to a TV so I can play with a few people who enjoy DND but are not PC friendly. They like the narration and game events, and enjoy making humorous choices and directions.

Heres my problem:

1: Full-screen does not work with the screen-cast software for unknowable reasons.

2: So I play in bordered Windowed mode (only other option, no Windowed-Border-less that I can find.)

3: To play like this I need the keyboard scroll function.

4: To use the keyboard scroll function, I have to change the key settings so instead of it being the Directional Arrows, its WASD.

Ok. so all that works fine... But...

With the keys changed... when I scroll using any of the WASD (or multiple too) while a loot/container is open on the map... It will continue to scroll infinitely, even if the key is released, until I select another character, and hit ESC.

So...

If I loot a corpse and try to pan left using "A"... it keeps panning left... even when the "A" key is released.

I was curious if anyone could try to reproduce this error in their build and see if this is a system bug, or a settings issue for me specifically. I have recreated the same situation on my other PC, but it is installed in the exact same method with the precise same settings and everything... (Sans the Screen Cast Software).

I assume this is a bug. Minor as it is... i seem to always find these.

NOTE: The error persists even when fullscreen, with no screencast software running. I actually only play IWD:EE in fullscreen, as we aren't screencasting it right now... we haven't finished BG:1. I only use the WASD keys in IWD because I'm used to it...

Comments