Skip to content

Downgrade Possible?

I wanted to try playing with the 2.4 patch - is there a way to downgrade? The long story is that I wanted to try the Big World Setup, but it is not yet compatible with 2.5.

Thanks,

-Fred

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Hello! There's a feature request for this, but an option to "downgrade" is not implemented yet.
  • kaitenkaiten Member Posts: 19
    edited August 2018
    Actually it is possible if you have the GoG version of the game. There is an option in settings where you can turn off the automatic updates for BG2 and if you do that you can choose from previous patches if you want to downgrade. Just backup your game before u do that just in case /the moment you click another patch the game will start downgrading without asking for confirmation/ ! I did it myself because few mods stopped working with the new patch and atleast for now it seems to work /have not played much though/
    Post edited by kaiten on
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I gather from where this was posted that @FredSRichardson was asking about this for the Beamdog Client.
  • deusex2deusex2 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Oh great! I've reinstalled NWN from Beamdog client and it automatically DLed the latest verion, making it impossible for me to play on Arelith!

Thanks a lot Beamdog!

Both "disable update," and "use last tested update," should've been a default features, by now!