Skip to content

Romance only progressing by using EE Keeper

I'm romancing Viconia. Normally, when I want to get to the next romance talk, I simply use the following 'cheat';

C:SetGlobal("GLOBAL","ViconiaRomance","1")

In the past, this has always worked, whether with Viconia or one of the other NPC's. But not this time. I've tried constantly resting, indoors or outdoors, in combination with the cheat and not in combination, to try and trigger the next talk. I've looked for alternative commands to use. I've even tried repeatedly travelling to different areas on the map to kill time. The only thing that works is using EE Keeper to change the VICONIAROMANCE variable to 1. I don't fancy the prospect of having to do that every time I need to move the romance along, so what else can I do?

Comments

• Durmir46Durmir46 Member Posts: 110
    I'm having the same issue with Rasaad. In the end I gave up romancing him.
    Previous game, same issue with Anomen.
    I believe I will just stop trying to romance.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @ANOF Does Viconia have any romance dialogues that require a rest, visiting a location, or story progress? That console command will make you ELLIGIBLE for the next talk, but you still need to meet the trigger requirement.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Yeah, Vic's got a couple that require resting.
  • ANOFANOF Member Posts: 70
    ThacoBell said:

@ANOF Does Viconia have any romance dialogues that require a rest, visiting a location, or story progress? That console command will make you ELLIGIBLE for the next talk, but you still need to meet the trigger requirement.

None. The relationship hasn't progressed that far. And I've tried resting, visiting, etc.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Please report at support.baldursgate.com attaching the zip of your save, and our QA will be able to help you define what is happening there.

Please report at support.baldursgate.com attaching the zip of your save, and our QA will be able to help you define what is happening there.

Thanks. I've done all of that, so just need to wait and see what happens.
    The issue ended up being swiftly corrected, although it wasn't to do with the game, rather the command console.

Instead of;

C:SetGlobal("GLOBAL","ViconiaRomance","1")

It now needs to be;

C:SetGlobal("ViconiaRomance","GLOBAL",1)

So, if you're having trouble with the romances, and the old cheat isn't working, try the new way.