Skip to content

Armor max dex bonus

I want to set armor max dex bonus, which can easily be done by editing armor.2da and using it as an override or putting it in a hak unless you want to set the value to 0, when that is done it's set to infinite. This seems an engine thing but I feel it shouldn't be, unless there is another symbol for a 0 value which I don't know about.

Comments

• Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 418
    edited July 2018
    dTd said:

I want to set armor max dex bonus, which can easily be done by editing armor.2da and using it as an override or putting it in a hak unless you want to set the value to 0, when that is done it's set to infinite. This seems an engine thing but I feel it shouldn't be, unless there is another symbol for a 0 value which I don't know about.

This is just a shot in the dark but assuming I understand what you're trying to do (trying to make it so no dex bonus is possible for certain armor types), then have you tried putting **** in the number field instead of 0? That might disallow any dex bonus. It's just a guess on my part based on how I've seen other things in various 2da files.
  • dTddTd Member Posts: 182
    Yea, tried it it doesn't work. What I ended up doing was starting full plate at 1, half-plate 2, and so on down the line. All armor types max to 9 ac now with max dex bonus included. I know it may not be cannon, but it's what I wanted :)
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    There should already be a full customization of armor.2da card on the Trello so I would say maybe @JuliusBorisov might want to include this.