Skip to content

How could the developers forget this?!

Why you can wear just 2 rings, when you have 10 fingers on your hands???!!!

I thought this terrible bug will be addressed in the enhanced edition.

Comments

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    It wasn't a bug but a developers' decision. Enough said.
  • MurrayConfederacyMurrayConfederacy Member Posts: 188
    @ZelgadisGW I think I may have said too much then :)
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    It's in the interest of game balance more than to seek realism. There's lots of rules imposed by the game that are arbitrary in the interest of game design.

Basically, if you could equip a ring on all ten fingers characters would get too powerful.
  • MathuzzzMathuzzz Member Posts: 203

Or how about an extra 20 ring slots, for everyone knows that we can put more than 1 ring on each finger

I thought that you can actually wear the other 10 on you feet, but that is also good idea.
  • leyshjonoeleyshjonoe Member Posts: 59
    Mathuzzz said:

Or how about an extra 20 ring slots, for everyone knows that we can put more than 1 ring on each finger

I thought that you can actually wear the other 10 on you feet, but that is also good idea.
    So, 40 then.....

• ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563

Mathuzzz said:

So, 40 then.....

+2 piercing damage?
  • raywindraywind Member Posts: 289
    Just tested that i can fit 10rings in one finger so its 100rings on fingers only. then earrings around 50of em and toerings somewhere from 10-100. noserings and others also. there arent enough rings in game
  • MathuzzzMathuzzz Member Posts: 203
    edited November 2012
    But only for non-redguard characters.

Then it is clear, we need immediately delay the game so the developers can add 100+ rings into the game. Or you can wear those fancy rings without any boosts
    edited November 2012
    I wish someone had posted that they didn't understand me so I could've quoted Handsome Jack's "Dicks! I'm talking about dicks!"
    Post edited by leyshjonoe on
  • colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
    Give this troll to gorf the squisher
  • raywindraywind Member Posts: 289
    And where is all the underwear? i want some pick panties for my female companions and some bras (i prefer topless but thats not going to happen)
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    Ascerion said:

Mathuzzz said:

Only for the guys.

Sir are you implying men have an extra finger?

All I've got is my ****!

ROFL.
  • SirFrancealotSirFrancealot Member Posts: 56
    panties should be a slot. Pantaloons taking up the armor slot just doesn't make sense.
  • MurrayConfederacyMurrayConfederacy Member Posts: 188
    edited November 2012
    Yes! What of undergarments? What of piercings? You could get a ring on every inch of your body, then put amulets on top of those writs, then put lots of robes over you and then armour! They definitely should fix this bug!
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    @SirFrancealot Pantaloons aren't the same as panties. Panties are the female version of underpants. Pantaloons are the male version of meydejieeval boxazs.

Yes! What of undergarments? What of piercings? You could get a ring on every inch of your body, then put amulets on top of those writs, then put lots of robes over you and then armour! They definitely should fix this bug!

This is definitely the strongest way to arm yourself for a fight. Jingling and jangling your way to victory.
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514

This is definitely the strongest way to arm yourself for a fight. Jingling and jangling your way to victory.

Oh, you don't need jewelry for that! :D

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I think the official WOTC explanations was something along the lines of how the magic item actually transfers it's power to the wearer.

For example, it wiuld easily be possible to wear a bunch of magical necklaces at the same time. However, you need to nominate the one you are choosing to draw power from at any one time.
    read that as magical neckties rather than necklaces.

now i need to see that idea implemented in the game.

"I nominate red and white stripey! +2 charisma!"
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    I hate to be the voice of reason or anything, but magic rings only function on the Ring finger, and the magic from multiple rings on the same finger would be shorted out by the presence of a ring closer to the palm.
  • AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
    Pantalion said:

I hate to be the voice of reason or anything, but magic rings only function on the Ring finger, and the magic from multiple rings on the same finger would be shorted out by the presence of a ring closer to the palm.

Bilbo wore the One Ring on his right index finger.

• JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    ryuken87 said:

Mathuzzz said:

So, 40 then.....

+2 piercing damage?
    *bludgeoning
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    If we had 10 ring slots, rings would be useless, you'll probably find only Rings of Swag +2 and the like. I think it's ok as it is, no need even for a single extra slot.

The first time I saw the inventory screen, I was amazed of all the options that I had never seen in other RPGs like cloak AND armor and girdle (word that I had to look up at that time xD)
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    Ascerion said:

Pantalion said:

Bilbo wore the One Ring on his right index finger.

Bilbo. Just change all B's into D's in his name... Hehe
    Yes, I'm going slightly mad (while waiting for the release).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb-3seZSQ_Q
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    Because in pnp D&D, you can only wear one ring on each hand o_O
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    Oh crap I was supposed to say something crazy! Uhh...

BACON!!!!!

ryuken87 said:

Mathuzzz said:

So, 40 then.....

+2 piercing damage?
    *bludgeoning
    Could be the piercing damage isn't being done BY it, but rather TO it.