Skip to content

[Linux] Troubles when pressing enter

HieronyHierony Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 3
Hi,

I'm on Ubuntu 18.04 with a GTX 960 and Nvidia's drivers.

I'm running NWN in FullScreenDesktopMode and sometimes when I start typing in the chat line and press enter, the window would flicker, the text message isn't sent, and the game switches between windowed and fullscreen mode. I need to press enter a few times then until I'm able to type again. Before the last version, everything would be OK then, but since 1.76, the game slows down so much that I have to close it and restart.

Does anyone have an idea why that would be? I'm positive that I'm not hitting Alt-Enter by accident. If SDL is somehow mistaking me for pressing Alt-Enter, is there any way I can turn that off?

Thanks!

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Hello! We are not able to repro it on 18.04.

Can you try it with a different keyboard?
  • HieronyHierony Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 3
    It just happened again, but this time in fullscreen (FullScreenDesktopMode=0, Borderless=1, FullScreen=1 and AllowWindowedMode=0).

This time, in order to stop it, I could Alt-Tab out of the game, Alt-Tab back in a suddenly the enter key was working (and there was no slowdown). While it happened I also tried Alt-Enter, but that didn't change anything.
  • HieronyHierony Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 3
    edited July 2018
    I've got it. It happens when I use the left Alt key with a shortcut from the window manager. For nwn, this effectively toggles the key (it remains on and pressing Enter is the same effect as Alt-Enter). Pressing the left alt key again does not untoggle it, but pressing the right alt key does. If I use the same shortcut with the right alt key, everything is fine, it doesn't get toggled.

This didn't happen on 1.69. I'm not even sure that when development 1.69 a right alt key even existed... Might be SDL after all.

This is not really a standard setup, by the way. We can call it solved :-)