Skip to content

At this point I am looking for balance and new game play options

Neverwinternights is a beautiful game which still runs on modern machines. Which is why I believe the point of the enhanced edition should be to not only enhance the engine but also enhance the game play.

As a mainly single player i have devoured a lot of the modules available in nwn.

What I found lacking and what I would definitely appreciate from an enhanced edition would be new balance and game play oriented features along with the graphical improvements.

Things like adding subraces, some of the popular non standard classes and prestige classes, more feats and spells are very nice.

But also balance is a very important gripe of mine. I've always disliked how bland melee combat was in this game compared to spellcasters, and some classes totally dominated the field while others were hard to be made viable.

What would get me back into the game would be opening this plethora of new possibilities by adding well balanced content which would enable me to replay the stories of old. Thanks

Comments

• StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    I have a dream that one day I would be able to one day play a wizard or sorcerer as good as a fighter.
    But the truth is, using dnd rules that isn’t going to happen.
    But a fully function companion system or “take over another character system” would fix all that
  • GM_ODAGM_ODA Member Posts: 177
    Many builders (including myself) build that sort of thing into the module - subraces / races are handled in a set of custom scripts on Argentum Regio - with much-nuanced features (Drow being able to spiderclimb, do darkness, etc.) being the norm for all our supported races. If this becomes 'standardized' in some NWN:EE release, PLEASE make sure it is optional so that our scripted systems do not get broken by this 'lovely new feature'. :)

I would be very amenable to the addition of new classes or making it an option for builders to engage if desired.
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    Classes are always optional I believe you can disable them either by toggling a prerequisite variable or by disabling them entirely by setting playerclass to 0 in the 2da.